- Full-day tour of Tuscany and Chianti from Florence, led by an expert driver-guide
- Admire famous Italian monuments including Siena Duomo and Palazzo Comunale
- Stop for lunch at a Chianti country estate to enjoy Tuscan ribollita and other local delights
- Sip on glasses of iconic Chianti and vernaccia wine during a wine tasting at the estate
- Strike a pose for photos by the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
After just over an hour on the road, stop in Siena, the region’s second largest city that once rivaled Florence for power and wealth. On a walking tour, visit Piazza del Campo, a glorious square that’s the hub of the city and site of the annual Palio di Siena horse race. Striking in appearance, the square is home to a collection of architectural dazzlers including Palazzo Comunale, the towering Torre del Mangia and Siena Duomo. After exploring, use some free time to visit the monuments independently, if you wish.
From Siena, journey past the vineyards and olive groves of Chianti to the fortified hamlet of Monteriggioni, a gem of a town built during the 13th century. Take a walk around its still-intact medieval walls, admiring its handsome 11 towers.
After soaking up the sights, return to Chianti and stop at a sprawling country estate for lunch. Feast on Tuscan staples such as lasagne or seasonal ribollita — a hearty Tuscan soup made with cannellini beans, tomatoes and vegetables — plus local pecorino cheese, cold cuts of salami and finocchiona (Tuscan salami), and bruschetta (roasted bread with olive oil). Pair your meal with a tasting of fine Chianti and vernaccia wine (see selection below) as you learn all about this prestigious local wine from the friendly owner of the estate.
Before returning to Florence, enjoy a final visit to Pisa for a walk around Piazza dei Miracoli, home to the legendary Leaning Tower of Pisa as well as Pisa Duomo, the baptistery and monumental graveyard. Make the most of your last stop to pose for all-important photos by the tower, and then sit back and relax, enjoying last looks of the Tuscan countryside, before a drop-off either in central Florence or at your hotel.
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Bartolomeo 2000 'Gold Medal' (Sangiovese and cabernet sauvignon)
- Baldassarre 2000 'Super Tuscan' (Sangiovese, merlot and cabernet sauvignon)
- Cavaliere 2000 'Super Tuscan' (Sangiovese and merlot)
This tour is fabulous and a great way to see Tuscany. The lunch including the wine tasting was the highlight as was our tour guide Aldo - he was fastastic
THE WAS REALLY NICE, FEW PEOPLE, JUST 5 PERSONS, COMFORTABLE, WITH A REALLY WELL KNOWLEDGE DRIVER, WHOM LOVES HIS WORK AND HIS COUNTRY. THE PROBLEM IS THAT IS FEW TIME FOR REALLY KNOW EACH PLACE. I WILL RECOMMEND FOR THE FUTURE TO EXPEND ONE DAY IN EACH PLACE FOR REALLY KNOW AND ENJOY COMPLETELY THE EXPERIENCE. THE LUNCH WAS DELICIOUS WITH A GOOD VARIETY OF WINES. BUT IF YOU HAVE FEW TIME, THIS IS YOUR TOUR.