- Full-day tour of Tuscany and Chianti from Florence, led by an expert driver-guide
- Admire famous Italian monuments including Siena Duomo and Palazzo Comunale
- Stop for lunch at a Chianti country estate to enjoy Tuscan ribollita and other local delights
- Sip on glasses of iconic Chianti and vernaccia wine during a wine tasting at the estate
- Strike a pose for photos by the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Siena after an hour’s drive, taking off on a walking tour with your guide. Pass the central hub of Piazza del Campo, home of the city’s famous Palio di Siena horse race. Admire the square’s architectural gems, including the Torre del Mangia, Palazzo Comunale and the stunning striped marble of the Siena Duomo. Enjoy some free time to explore on your own before hopping back on the road.
Travel past the olive groves and grapevines of the Chianti region to Monteriggioni, a fortified town constructed in the 13th century. Peer up at its impressive towers, 11 in total, and stroll around the medieval walls.
Continue back into Chianti, stopping at a rustic estate for lunch. Savor a Tuscan spread of Pecorino chesse, salami, bruschetta and seasonal ribollita, a hearty vegetable and bean soup native to the region. Complement your feast with top Vernaccia and Chianti wine (see the Itinerary section below) as the estate’s owner educates you on these prestigious blends.
After a finale of almond cookies and dessert wine, head to the hill town of San Gimignano. Stroll through the UNESCO-listed Old Town to discover a trove of architectural treasures: Palazzo del Podestà, Piazza della Cisterna, the ‘dome of San Gimignano’ and the Church of St Agostino.
Soak up a final visit to Pisa to take photos of the famed Leaning Tower, along with the Pisa Duomo and the Baptistery. Your day trip will conclude with drop-off back in central Florence.
- Vernaccia di San Gimignano DOCG
- Chianti DOCG
- Chianti Classico DOCG
- Bartolomeo 2000 'Gold Medal' (Sangiovese and cabernet sauvignon)
- Baldassarre 2000 'Super Tuscan' (Sangiovese, merlot and cabernet sauvignon)
- Cavaliere 2000 'Super Tuscan' (Sangiovese and merlot)
Had a super day, great guide, very knowledgeable and friendly, a must
We highly recommend this small-group trip. As there was just one other person with our family of 3, we got to see so much in a day. The Chianti region is so beautiful. Our guide, Aldo was a fantastic guy. We learnt a lot about Tuscany in just one day!
This was a great day trip from Florence! Plenty of time to walk around Sienna and Pisa. Wine tasting was very enjoyable. Great views of the hills of Tuscany from San Gimignano and Monteriggioni.
Great tour. Small group at the wine tasting and lunch was terrific.
Amazing day. Very impressed with the tour, saw a lot and it didn't seem like a long day.
This tour is fabulous and a great way to see Tuscany. The lunch including the wine tasting was the highlight as was our tour guide Aldo - he was fastastic
THE WAS REALLY NICE, FEW PEOPLE, JUST 5 PERSONS, COMFORTABLE, WITH A REALLY WELL KNOWLEDGE DRIVER, WHOM LOVES HIS WORK AND HIS COUNTRY. THE PROBLEM IS THAT IS FEW TIME FOR REALLY KNOW EACH PLACE. I WILL RECOMMEND FOR THE FUTURE TO EXPEND ONE DAY IN EACH PLACE FOR REALLY KNOW AND ENJOY COMPLETELY THE EXPERIENCE. THE LUNCH WAS DELICIOUS WITH A GOOD VARIETY OF WINES. BUT IF YOU HAVE FEW TIME, THIS IS YOUR TOUR.
Excellent in all ways!!!
Bette United States of ...
Excellent day in this small group tour of Tuscany. The driver was outstanding and highly recommend.
Worth every penny