- Afternoon tour of Pisa with round-trip transport from Florence
- Enjoy a walking tour of Cathedral Square (Piazza dei Miracoli) with a local guide
- Stop for photos in front of the UNESCO-listed Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Learn about monuments like Pisa Baptistry, Campo Santo and Duomo di Pisa
- Walk past the Church of San Sisto and explore Knights’ Square (Piazza dei Cavalieri), if you wish
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Leaning Tower of Pisa day ...Photo by: Violeta L
- The Leaning Tower of PisaPhoto by: Christopher S
USA, 08 2010
- Baptistery, Cathedral and ...Photo by: Christopher S
USA, 08 2010
- Leaning TowerPhoto by: Danielle V
USA, 11 2007
- La photo inévitable de ...Photo by: Tony G
- Selfie at the Tower of PisaPhoto by: Luis6686
USA, 09 2014
- tower viewPhoto by: Seamus O
- Leaning Tower of Pisa FallingPhoto by: David M
- Leaning TowerPhoto by: Joachim P
- Our Day in PisaPhoto by: Debra D
- Pisa... In all it's ...Photo by: Huggie
Australia, 07 2013
- Tower and church.Photo by: Andrew H
- Ricardo tour guide from PisaPhoto by: My dream come true
- The Basilica adjacent to the ...Photo by: My dream come true
- The LEANING TowerPhoto by: My dream come true
- The towerPhoto by: vabrant
- Overlooking FlorencePhoto by: COLIN B
- Bridge and River at NightPhoto by: COLIN B
- DumoPhoto by: COLIN B
- Cathedral and Tower of PisaPhoto by: Satish J
Singapore, 06 2011
What You Can Expect
Walk around Cathedral Square, home to the famous Leaning Tower of Pisa – a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Pose for photos by the tilting monument, which has captivated sightseers for centuries, and learn all about its history from your guide. The square is also home to Pisa Baptistry, Campo Santo and Duomo di Pisa, so listen to your guide explain each one as you walk around.
After your tour of Cathedral Square, choose from one of two different options. Either enjoy free time to discover Pisa at your own pace or continue sightseeing on a guided walk to Knights' Square. Pass the Church of San Sisto, the oldest church in Pisa. See the house of Conte Ugolino who is mentioned by Dante on the Divive Comedy. Then enter Knights' Square itself, seeing the prestigious Scuola Normale di Pisa, part of the city's university that was founded by Napoleon Bonaparte. Admire the square's Renaissance buildings and marble statues, and hear how it was once the political center of medieval Pisa. Continue past an ancient house where the 18th-century Italian poet Giacomo Leopardi once lived, and then finish your walking tour with a visit to Piazza Arcivedscovado to see Palazzo Vescovile.
If you opted to spend your afternoon at leisure, simply return to the meeting point at the pre-arranged time to meet your tour escort and return to the coach.Travel back to Florence, and then finish your day trip with a drop-off at the start point.
This was a great tour with a local guide that took you into the cathederal. Totally unexpected.
Meeting spot was weird, in busy traffic on a corner? Bus ride was short, tour was plenty. Wish there had been a little more free time so I could have enjoyed my wine and the sunset.
the tour guides were terrific.
The initial boarding of the busses, which is a problem with the tour operators, is somewhat chaotic. As a minimum a small table, clearly labeled which tour it is, that checks off and hands out the headsets would enhance the experience.
Highly recommend a great day out.
Everything was exactly as described! Pickup and drop off were on time, the guides were friendly and knowledgeable. I appreciated the extra time to explore Pisa to see other things I had on my to-do list. A bit pricier than what I would have liked to pay, but still a good trip :
Would definitely recommend to those who are looking for a pleasant afternoon out of Florence. The trip was organized very well and offered enough time to see the grounds and the immediate area surrounding the plaza. If you are looking to spend more than an hour wondering around the town of Pisa, this wouldn't be for you, but as a way to have someone else take care of the logistics to get you to Pisa to see the Tower and the surrounding buildings, you can't beat it.
It was nice experience crowded bus .and bus parking was far from the sight.
Excellent tour. English tour guide was very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Very well organized, given ample time to explore on own after the guided tour. Transportation was great.
This tour was amazing!