- Private morning and/or afternoon tour of Florence
- Visit Piazzale Michelangelo, the Duomo complex and Michelangelo's David at the Accademia on the morning tour
- Visit Fiesole, Piazza Signoria and the Uffizi Gallery on the afternoon tour
- Choose one tour or combine the two for a full-day private tour of Florence with light lunch included
- Private professionally guided tours
- Hotel pick-up by private Mercedes or minivan
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Drive along the romantic Viale dei Colli to Piazzale Michelangelo and stop to admire panoramic views of the city. Proceed by car through the city center, followed by an outdoor guided tour of the Duomo complex: Giotto's bell tower, the Baptistery with its bronze doors including Porta del Paradiso and the interior of the Cathedral (*) with its magnificent Cupola del Brunelleschi. A short walk through the streets of Florence brings you to the Galleria dell Accademia (**) where you can admire David by Michelangelo and other works by the artist. End your tour inside the museum. You have the option to include a light lunch at a restaurant in the town center.
See the unparalleled beauty of Florence, taking in Fiesole, a delightful town set on the overlooking hills in the Arno Valley. Continue to the old city center to visit the Franciscan Church of Santa Croce (exterior). A short walk through historic Florence brings you to the Piazza Signoria, where you can admire the Palazzo Vecchio (exterior) and Loggia dei Lanzi. Continue with a guided tour of the Galleria degli Uffizi (***) and admire paintings by Botticelli, Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, Raphael and Giotto. End the tour inside the museum.
FULL DAY TOUR:
A combination of Morning Tour with Light Lunch + Afternoon Tour.
(*) Cannot be visited Sundays, National Holidays and reasons beyond our control.
(**) Closed Monday. Replaced with a visit to the Bargello Museum or Medici Chapels.
(***) Gallery is closed Monday and will be replaced with a visit to Museum of Palazzo Vecchio.
(subject to change)
- Crostone with tomato, basil and oil OR Pasta with ragu and meat sauce OR macaroni al pesto with pine nut, basil and garlic
- Homemade dessert
- One-Half Liter Water and glass of wine
Excellent to have our own guide. We were taken to the top of the hill overlooking Florence which was something new for us and gives a great view of Florence.
FANTASTIC!!! We loved our guide--such great personal attention. This was the highlight of our trip!