- Private Perugia and Assisi day trip from Florence
- Delve into the Tuscan countryside to medieval Passignano sul Trasimeno
- Explore the 8th-century city of Perugia, the famous center of Italian art where Raphael worked
- See where St Francis of Assisi lived and died
- Tour the ancient city of Assisi
- Admire top attractions such as the Roman Temple of Minerva, Chiesa Nuova and the UNESCO-listed Basilica of St Francis
- This tour ensures you’ll see the best of Perugia and Assisi while receiving undivided attention from the private guide
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Continue to the town of Perugia, considered a crucial epicenter for Italian art. Home to High Renaissance painter Pietro Perugino, Raphael also came to work in the hilltop town during the 16th century. Learn about the area’s 8th-century Etruscan roots, and check out the Cathedral of San Lorenzo, the Fontana Maggiore and the Palazzo dei Priori while you walk.
Then head to Mt Subasio to explore the lowlands where St Francis of Assisi lived and worked. Make a stop at the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, which is said to have been a favorite place of St Francis’ for worship.
Enjoy a break to purchase some lunch, and then reunite with your guide to tour Assisi. Pass the 1st-century Roman Temple of Minerva, the Chiesa Nuova and the Basilica of Santa Chiara, dedicated to St Clare, one of Francis’ first loyal followers.
After exploring the Monte Frumentario, conclude your tour with a stop at the Basilica of St Francis. This World Heritage site is built from Mt Subasio's white stone and holds stunning frescoes from Giotto and Cimabue inside.
Your tour will conclude with drop-off at your hotel in Florence.
It was a perfect day! Perugia was beautiful, Assisi was fantastic, our driver Paul was everything we could have wished for! The car was spacious and comfortable and we enjoyed our private tour very much!
Rodolfo Stiglich USA
Very good tour overall
The guide was very knowladgeble
Covered all our expectation
The driver excellent and courteous