Book and travel between May 1, 2016 and May 31, 2016 to save 6% compared to the local supplier's price!
- Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence, led by a tour escort
- Travel through the picturesque Chianti countryside in Tuscany
- Inside visit of the Basilica of San Domenico in Siena
- Explore Siena old town with your guide
- Visit one of Siena's contrade museums and learn all about the city's famous contrades
- Visit of a Picturesque medieval Chianti village, famous for its colors and charm
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Altar of cathedral in SiennaPhoto by: Austin C
USA, 12 2009
- Best Duomo in ItalyPhoto by: Michael W
USA, 11 2008
- cave de greve en chiantiPhoto by: julien r
- Boucherie Falorni la plus ...Photo by: julien r
- place campo del oroPhoto by: julien r
- embleme du quartier de laiglePhoto by: julien r
- cathédrale à SiennePhoto by: julien r
- San GimignanoPhoto by: Lisa B
- Torrre GrossaPhoto by: Christine L
- Piazza del campoPhoto by: michelle
- View from San GimignanoPhoto by: reliabilityguy
- View at the top of San ...Photo by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Il cuore della ToscanaPhoto by: Enrique V
- Una plaza muy particular de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un rincón pintoresco de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un paseo por San Gimignano...Photo by: Enrique V
- Piazzale di CampoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- Vista de San GimignianoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Siena, heading first to the Basilica of San Domenico. Admire the Renaissance artwork inside with your guide before taking off on a walking tour. Pause to marvel at the striped marble of the Siena Cathedral and then enter one of the city's contrada museums.
Learn the history behind the contrades, or districts, of the city as you wander the exhibits. Hear about the individual traditions of each still celebrated today during the famous Palio horse race, which takes place in the main square twice a year. Afterward, relax with a brief break to purchase lunch.
Continue to San Gimignano, a medieval hill town best known for its impressive towers and frescoes. Soak up some free time to explore its streets independently before traveling to a small winery in the Chianti hillside. Walk in the vineyards, visit the barrel room and sample four delicious local wines, accompanied by snacks.
Top off your trip with a visit to the charming village of Greve in Chianti to peruse the local shops and main square. Your trip will conclude with transportation back to Florence.
Our guide was excellent, she was very informative and would definitely recommend the trip to others going to Florence.
Trip was great! Tour guide in Sienna was very knowledgeable.
Beautiful nd amazing. Will be back.
Excellent day. Our guide, Lisa, was very good and explained things very well. Our local guide in Sienna, Cecilia, was most informative and paced the walking very well to suit the group. A long day but worth the time. Thank you.
Wonderful tour. The guide was excelent and the itinerary was well programmed. The only thing i regret is not beeing able to visit the Siena Cathedral .
Exceptionally good value for the money. The highlight of our first trip to Florence. Cannot believe how much was packed into the day. There is no way we would have managed to see and experience everything that was included in the tour. The tour guide and arrangements throughout was first class and we all fell in love with San Gimignano which was something like out of a film set! Siena was also amazing and we were taken to places that were certainly off the main tourist routes. All in all a magical day and one that all our family will certainly not forget for a long while. Would have no hesitation in recommending this tour - worth every penny!!!
Great way to see the ancient towns. Martel was a great guide and it wasn't hard to find the bus stop near the train station. We got about an hour to explore San Gimignano which isn't hard - it's quite small. As Martel recommended, it's better to visit the fort for the views than climb the towers. After all, better to get pics of the towers than pics from the towers. Siena was much larger and we had much more time there. The square where the Palio takes place is amazing. We had time to get lunch and walk around and then got a walking tour and we got some great views of Siena on the walk. The day ended with a visit to a winery through a very scenic area and after a short stop in Greve, we headed back to Florence.
Cette excursion est très bien organisée. Notre guide dans le car et celle à Sienne étaient parfaites. Elles parlaient un français impeccable. Notre guide à Sienne nous a parlé de sa ville avec beaucoup de détails historiques. C'était une visite très intéressante. Les deux petits villages visités en Toscane étaient typiques et très dépaysant. Je recommande cette excursion.
Fabulous day, well paced and enjoyable. I would have loved a little more time in San Gimignano.
$62.21 Save $3.39