- Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence, led by a tour escort
- Travel through the picturesque Chianti countryside in Tuscany
- Inside visit of the Basilica of San Domenico in Siena
- Explore Siena old town with your guide
- Visit one of Siena's contrade museums and learn all about the city's famous contrades
- Visit of a Picturesque medieval Chianti village, famous for its colors and charm
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Altar of cathedral in SiennaPhoto by: Austin C
USA, 12 2009
- Best Duomo in ItalyPhoto by: Michael W
USA, 11 2008
- San GimignanoPhoto by: Lisa B
- Torrre GrossaPhoto by: Christine L
- Piazza del campoPhoto by: michelle
- View from San GimignanoPhoto by: reliabilityguy
- View at the top of San ...Photo by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Il cuore della ToscanaPhoto by: Enrique V
- Una plaza muy particular de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un rincón pintoresco de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un paseo por San Gimignano...Photo by: Enrique V
- Piazzale di CampoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- Vista de San GimignianoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
- Vue depuis San Gimignano, en ...Photo by: Jean Luc C
- Duomo Di ...Photo by: Juan H
- Neighborhood flags in SienaPhoto by: Kathy
- Tuscan countryside at San ...Photo by: Kathy
- SienaPhoto by: MEL M
New Zealand, 06 2014
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Siena, heading first to the Basilica of San Domenico. Admire the Renaissance artwork inside with your guide before taking off on a walking tour. Pause to marvel at the striped marble of the Siena Cathedral and then enter one of the city's contrada museums.
Learn the history behind the contrades, or districts, of the city as you wander the exhibits. Hear about the individual traditions of each still celebrated today during the famous Palio horse race, which takes place in the main square twice a year. Afterward, relax with a brief break to purchase lunch.
Continue to San Gimignano, a medieval hill town best known for its impressive towers and frescoes. Soak up some free time to explore its streets independently before traveling to a small winery in the Chianti hillside. Walk in the vineyards, visit the barrel room and sample four delicious local wines, accompanied by snacks.
Top off your trip with a visit to the charming village of Greve in Chianti to peruse the local shops and main square. Your trip will conclude with transportation back to Florence.
I simply cannot say enough about the quality, value, and excellence of this tour. Our tour guide Keyko was superb. She was lively, cheerful, entertaining, and interested in us as well as the points of interest on the tour. She had accurate descriptions of the city that we were passing as we were leaving. She explained what the day would be like and gave us details all along the way. Our first stop in San Gimignano was perfect. Keyko took us to the very top of the city for an amazing view. She gave us options and opportunities to do what interested us the most. As we boarded the bus for Siena, she explained what the tour of that city would be like. She then offered us options for lunch and told us when to meet our local guide. The local guide Maria was phenomenal. She truly loved her city and exposed us to many places that were off the paths and not available to most tourists. As we boarded the bus for our stop at a winery, we saw the beautiful rolling landscape of Tuscany. The winery stop consisted of plentiful 'tastings' of wine, explanation of the wine, and some delicious local salami and cheeses. We then boarded the bus for a stop at Greve. Even though it was low season and later in the day, the town still welcome us and the quaintness of it was heartwarming. We then boarded our bus for our trip back to Florence where Keyko gave us dinner suggestions and even walked us to some excellent restaurants. Our bus driver Franco was an excellent driver, making us feel very safe and well taken care of. All in all, one amazing day!
Great choice -
The visit to these two towns was super. They were charming and steeped in history. We had a delightful day. Touring accommodations were great.
We had been to both places before many years ago. The tours showed and taught us more than we remembered. A good way to go.
Wonderful day and tour...highly recommend this excursion!!!!
Very relaxing. An enchanting town, environment and history.
This trip is totally worth it. All of our guides were exceptional, and most of them spoke more than two languages. Tuscany is known for it's countryside, great wine, and excellent food. San Gimignano is an adorable little town, and Siena is simply a must see. 10/10 would recommend
Beautiful trip. This was a great way to see some f the countryside outside of Florence.
tour guide excellent!!!!
This was my favorite bus tour during my trip to Italy. It is definitely a must see especially if you love nature. Siena had such wonderful history and San Gimignano was a world of it's own.
It was lovely. The bus ride was very comfortable and the guide was very helpful and friendly. It was perfect I will recommend your company to others.