- Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence, led by a tour escort
- Travel through the picturesque Chianti countryside in Tuscany
- Inside visit of the Basilica of San Domenico in Siena
- Explore Siena old town with your guide
- Visit one of Siena's contrade museums and learn all about the city's famous contrades
- Visit of a Picturesque medieval Chianti village, famous for its colors and charm
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Altar of cathedral in SiennaPhoto by: Austin C
USA, 12 2009
- Best Duomo in ItalyPhoto by: Michael W
USA, 11 2008
- San GimignanoPhoto by: Lisa B
- Torrre GrossaPhoto by: Christine L
- Piazza del campoPhoto by: michelle
- View from San GimignanoPhoto by: reliabilityguy
- View at the top of San ...Photo by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Il cuore della ToscanaPhoto by: Enrique V
- Una plaza muy particular de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un rincón pintoresco de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un paseo por San Gimignano...Photo by: Enrique V
- Piazzale di CampoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- Vista de San GimignianoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
- Vue depuis San Gimignano, en ...Photo by: Jean Luc C
- Duomo Di ...Photo by: Juan H
- Neighborhood flags in SienaPhoto by: Kathy
- Tuscan countryside at San ...Photo by: Kathy
- SienaPhoto by: MEL M
New Zealand, 06 2014
What You Can Expect
Your first visit is the Basilica of San Domenico, a treasure chest of Renaissance dedicated to St. Catherine of Siena. Head inside the Basilica with your guide and admire its highlights. After marveling at the artwork, continue with your guide on a walking tour of the old town until you reach the Cathedral (exterior visit) and then stroll to one of the city's contrada museums.
The museum is dedicated to information about Siena’s famous contrades, and as you browse the exhibits, your guide will talk to you about their origins. Loosely translated as districts, the contrades have individual legacies of traditions and each one boasts their own flag and anthems. Learn of the contrades’ role during Siena’s legendary Palio horse race, and browse the historical documents on display.
After a break in Piazza del Campo for lunch (own expense), you will reach San Gimignano, a small and world famous walled town located on a hilltop, which remained intact through the centuries, renowned for its tall towers, wonderful frescoes and many other valuable works of art: here we will be led until the heart of the historical center, where to have free time at disposal for its fascinating discovery.
Beautiful trip. This was a great way to see some f the countryside outside of Florence.
tour guide excellent!!!!
This was my favorite bus tour during my trip to Italy. It is definitely a must see especially if you love nature. Siena had such wonderful history and San Gimignano was a world of it's own.
It was lovely. The bus ride was very comfortable and the guide was very helpful and friendly. It was perfect I will recommend your company to others.
This was a wonderful trip through Tuscany. Both towns were charming and our tour guide and driver were great. The towns are truly Medieval and require a good bit of up and down climbing as they are built on hillsides, but the views are magnificent and the treasures of the towns are worth the hike.
Tour guide in Sienna was brilliant, Guide on the coach was also amazing - lots of interesting information and beautiful views. very informative. Views from San Gimignano and inside Sienna's cathedral are not to be missed
very good and interesting
A perfect day! The guides were great, and both towns and their scenery were beautiful! A great way to spend an away day while being based in Florence!!
We thoroughly enjoyed the day trip to these two interesting cities Siena and San Gimignano. The organisation and timing was very efficient. Our tour guides, both on the bus and walking through San Gimignano were extremely informative as well as being pleasant and caring. For us, this tour was very good value.
Great tour with plenty of free time on top of the guided segments.