- Day trip to Siena and San Gimignano from Florence, led by a tour escort
- Travel through the picturesque Chianti countryside in Tuscany
- Inside visit of the Basilica of San Domenico in Siena
- Explore Siena old town with your guide
- Visit one of Siena's contrade museums and learn all about the city's famous contrades
- Visit of a Picturesque medieval Chianti village, famous for its colors and charm
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Altar of cathedral in SiennaPhoto by: Austin C
USA, 12 2009
- Best Duomo in ItalyPhoto by: Michael W
USA, 11 2008
- VernazaPhoto by: AprilYSH
Australia, 06 2016
- cave de greve en chiantiPhoto by: julien r
- Boucherie Falorni la plus ...Photo by: julien r
- place campo del oroPhoto by: julien r
- embleme du quartier de laiglePhoto by: julien r
- cathédrale à SiennePhoto by: julien r
- San GimignanoPhoto by: Lisa B
- Torrre GrossaPhoto by: Christine L
- Piazza del campoPhoto by: michelle
- View from San GimignanoPhoto by: reliabilityguy
- View at the top of San ...Photo by: Blain V
USA, 07 2015
- Il cuore della ToscanaPhoto by: Enrique V
- Una plaza muy particular de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un rincón pintoresco de ...Photo by: Enrique V
- Un paseo por San Gimignano...Photo by: Enrique V
- Piazzale di CampoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- Vista de San GimignianoPhoto by: FLOR DO CAMPO
Brasil, 04 2015
- SienaPhoto by: puchi
What You Can Expect
Arrive in Siena, heading first to the Basilica of San Domenico. Admire the Renaissance artwork inside with your guide before taking off on a walking tour. Pause to marvel at the striped marble of the Siena Cathedral and then enter one of the city's contrada museums.
Learn the history behind the contrades, or districts, of the city as you wander the exhibits. Hear about the individual traditions of each still celebrated today during the famous Palio horse race, which takes place in the main square twice a year. Afterward, relax with a brief break to purchase lunch.
Continue to San Gimignano, a medieval hill town best known for its impressive towers and frescoes. Soak up some free time to explore its streets independently before traveling to a small winery in the Chianti hillside. Walk in the vineyards, visit the barrel room and sample four delicious local wines, accompanied by snacks.
Top off your trip with a visit to the charming village of Greve in Chianti to peruse the local shops and main square. Your trip will conclude with transportation back to Florence.
It was great!
Good tour if you would like to get a taste of some other parts of Italy Sienna is a must!. It was warm the day we did the tour, so make sure you are prepared for the heat! Our tour guide, Valerie, was friendly and informative. Enjoyable day.
Great day trip incorporating the best that Sienna, Greve and San Gimignano have to offer. Both our guides were engaging and knowledgeable and the pace was just right for all the tour participants
San Gimignano was scenic, but totally geared for tourists. Siena was spectacular very scenic and local guide instrumental in relaying local history. Greve was great. And local wine tasting/winery was great. Suggestion would be to skip San Gimignano and spend more time in Siana, Greve, and local winery, or replace San Gimignano with another city. But, excellent trip all in all. Highly recommended
Wondeful guide and wondeful cities, great art and history.
The wine excellent and a lot of fun the wine tadting in a beautifu place
Quite a bargain for what you get.
Silvia Q United States of ...
A wonderful tour! We went first to San Gimignano and then to Siena where we had lunch not included
Siena is so beautiful, even under the rain! We had a tour guide that explained ot us about the districts and rivals and about the Pailo races.
We then went to a winery and tasted several wines, chesse and salami and they tought us a lot about wine. We then went to a small town called Greve, a fairitail town with the odest butcher chop in europe. The tour was great! Even under the rain, don't worry, the rain is light and stop and go!
Our guide was excellent, she was very informative and would definitely recommend the trip to others going to Florence.
Trip was great! Tour guide in Sienna was very knowledgeable.
Beautiful nd amazing. Will be back.