- Skip-the-line Accademia Gallery (Galleria dell’Accademia) ticket in Florence
- Head past the long entrance lines with a priority-entrance ticket to the Accademia Gallery
- Explore at leisure and see the original statue of David, a magnificent Michelangelo sculpture
- Discover two famously unfinished Michelangelo statues: San Matteo and Prigioni
- See paintings by Botticelli and visit the on-site Museum of Musical Instruments
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If you are an art lover, you will appreciate this ticket that whisks you past the entrance lines, allowing more time to admire Michelangelo's work.
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Accademia - The DavidPhoto by: cwgiggles1101
- Statue of DavidPhoto by: lyndoug1
- with DavidPhoto by: ALICE C
Philippines, 10 2014
- DavidPhoto by: Randal P
- Florence Summer 2012Photo by: Scott F
USA, 08 2012
- Outside Accademia GalleryPhoto by: Anonymous
- Preview of DavidPhoto by: Anonymous
- The one and onlyPhoto by: RALPH J P
USA, 08 2009
What You Can Expect
Skip the long lines outside the Accademia Gallery and step straight inside with your direct-access ticket. Wander the museum at your own pace, stopping to admire Michelangelo’s unfinished San Matteo sculpture, as well as his Prigioni, where four prisoners attempt to free themselves from the confines of the marble.
Then, head over to the Gallery’s main attraction: Michelangelo’s 17-foot (5.17-meter) sculpture of David. Admire the lifelike contours of the marble figure’s muscles and veins, completed when the artist was only in his twenties.
Afterward, check out the onsite Museum of Musical Instruments, where an impressive collection of stringed instruments are exhibited. Paintings by other Renaissance greats, such as Botticelli and Filippino Lippi, are also on display for you to peruse. Depart the Accademia whenever you wish.
Skip the Line was amazing. Bypassed a long line to enter and were in looking at everything within 5 minutes. Accademia Gallery is beautiful.
So worth it, because the line was so long and we had 2 young children with us. Plus, it was raining that day, so it was nice to just go right in and enjoy the gallery.
By 9:30am the line ups were already really long so depending on much time you have to spend in Florence I would recommend Skip the Line tickets - we got right in at the specified time we purchased. There's so much better things to do in Florence then wait in lines - definitely worth the extra money!
A life changing moment with the world's most exquisite art.
Amazing experience in Florence. So many wonderful works of art.
Time is at a premium when there's so much to see. It was great to be able to skip the line to see David.
This is definitely worth buying in advance. The lines at the Accademia were over a block long. We were able to enter a separate line and were in the museum with in 15 mins. I highly recommend this as an alternate option to an actual tour group.
fantastic, I have taken this trip twice, and would take it again
It was wonderful having the skip the line tickets. There were so many people waiting to get in and we just walked right in. The museum is great .
Love the Skip the Line tour because that's exactly what we did - we went right inside passing a block of waiting visitors.