Book the combo of the 'Tour Only' option and save 4% compared to booking tickets to the two museums individually.
- Italy combo: skip-the-line and guided tours of Accademia Gallery and Uffizi Gallery in Florence
- Take a morning walking tour of the Accademia Gallery (Galleria dell’Accademia)
- See the original statue of David by Michelangelo plus his unfinished Prigioni sculpture
- Learn about the history of the Uffizi Gallery on an afternoon walking tour
- Admire masterpieces like Leonardo da Vinci’s Annunciation and Caravaggio’s Bacchus
- See the famous Birth of Venus and the Leonardo Room
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Exterior of UffiziPhoto by: NED C
- Me - Sadaf view of St. ...Photo by: Sadaf R
USA, 06 2008
- GraduatesPhoto by: Kenneth G
- DavidPhoto by: Linda M
- Statute of DavidPhoto by: VICKIE Z
- The power of DavidPhoto by: Deborah S
- David de MichelangeloPhoto by: Eduardo E
- Galería de L´AccademiaPhoto by: Eduardo E
- GalleryPhoto by: Louise I
- Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: Louise I
- A entradaPhoto by: PC Rodrigues
Brasil, 09 2013
- Santa Marie Del FiorPhoto by: Joneva R
- The Arno RiverPhoto by: Dino D
- Academia GalleryPhoto by: Dino D
- DavidPhoto by: Jerrid322
- Ponte VecchioPhoto by: Zenobia L
Australia, 10 2012
- Uffuzi GalleryPhoto by: Greg R
- Uffuzi GalleryPhoto by: Greg R
- Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: Chris
USA, 10 2011
- Preview of the Real DavidPhoto by: Michelle L
What You Can Expect
Start outside the Accademia Gallery at your chosen departure time, and then head past the entrance lines with your skip-the-line ticket and guide. As you walk, listen to stories about the bounty of artwork contained inside the gallery's walls. Works by Michelangelo are given pride of place, and your guide’s commentary focuses on the artist. Admire his unfinished sculptures – Prigioni and San Matteo – and then gaze in awe at the statue of David that dominates the central gallery.
Created by Michelangelo when he was just in his twenties, David was sculpted just after he carved La Pietà. Made from local Carrara marble, the statue of the nude biblical hero is incredible with life-like muscles carved to precision. Explore rooms that showcase works by Botticelli and Lippi, and learn about the characteristics of Renaissance art that are prevalent throughout the gallery.
After your tour finishes, spend four hours at leisure or you can choose to end this part of the tour with lunch at a restaurant in the town center (optional). Remain inside the gallery if you wish.
Uffizi Gallery (1 hour and 30 minutes):
Meet your guide at 4:30pm and head inside with your skip-the-line ticket, and start exploring the gallery’s treasure trove of art. Housed in a large horseshoe-shaped building, the Uffizi Gallery’s history is as fascinating to hear about as the works inside it. Built as Florence’s judiciary offices, the palace was decorated with fine art by the ruling Medici family. After their dynasty fell in the 18th century, the palace was opened to the public and has remained popular ever since.
Like the Accademia Gallery, the Uffizi Gallery’s claim to fame is its wealth of Renaissance artwork, and your guide will talk you through its most interesting rooms. Admire early Renaissance treasures by Giotto, and then stroll through halls dedicated to Michelangelo, da Vinci, Caravaggio and Raphael – artists regarded as masters of their time. Learn about highlights like da Vinci’s Annunciation and Michelangelo’s Doni Tondo, and then explore the gallery’s upper level to see Caravaggio’s works.
Your tour finishes inside the gallery, but you can stay inside for another hour to browse the art independently.
Sample Light Lunch Menu:
- Toasted bread with tomato. 2 First courses; Macaroni with Bolognese sauce (or tomato and basil sauce as vegetarian option) Penne with pesto sauce
- Homemade dessert or cofee
- Water and glass of wine (Chianti or Trebbiano)
- 2 First courses; Macaroni with Bolognese sauce (or tomato and basil sauce as vegetarian option) - Penne with pesto sauce
- Homemade dessert or Ice-cream
- Water or orange juice
Our guide was very knowledgeable, a lot of walking but very nice.
I pre-boooked the Academia and Uffizi tours and was very glad I had done so once I saw the size of the lines. The guides were exceptional! They not only spoke clear concise English, but they were both very passionate about art and Italian history.
So very pleased we booked these tours, saved hours of queueing and was really informative. We also had free time in each venue to explore on our own. The art and suclptuary were amazing, seeing the David was quite a moving experience. Would highly recommend this booking.
I travel a lot and this was a great experience. When i walked up to the entry, the guide asked if I was looking for Viator and then everything was taken care of. Il Davido is worth the trip to Florence..
This tour was amazing. The only thing was that the second half was a little too long because we were tired!
Absolutely well worth the money. You skip the line and have a professional knowledgeable guide. Deborah at the Uffizi was fantastic.
Loved the tour, but perhaps in the future it can be done without knocking tourists.
There is so much to see in these places. We felt like our guides touched on the highlights and gave use interesting information. Then we were able to explore on our own.
Great tour. Very knowledable guide. Highly recommend!
Tour guides wee terrific, very knowledgeable. On time and efficient. Would use Viator again.
$85.98 Save $3.39