- 2.5-hour Florence Duomo tour with a skip-the-line entrance ticket
- Walk up the 463-step staircase of the cathedral’s cupola (dome) with an expert guide
- Enjoy the best panoramic views of Florence from the top of Brunelleschi's Dome
- Learn about Filippo Brunellechi, who created the distinctive orange dome
- Visit the magnificent Baptistery of Florence
- Possibility to continue the visit to the Opera del Duomo Museum on your own
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Duomo Dome Up-ClosePhoto by: w.huber
- city scapePhoto by: Susan H
- Giotto's TowerPhoto by: Michael L
- On top of the Florence DuomoPhoto by: Michael L
- View from Duomo in FlorencePhoto by: Lynn K
- the viewPhoto by: mdmook
- View from atop Brunischelli's ...Photo by: Sharise C
- Pieta by MichelangeloPhoto by: Tsutomu U
- Duomo in FlorencePhoto by: Tsutomu U
- View from the top of Duomo in ...Photo by: Tsutomu U
- Duomo in FlorencePhoto by: Tsutomu U
What You Can Expect
Hear the fascinating history behind the dome before beginning the ascent up its 463 steps. Expect a steep climb, as the trip can take approximately 45 minutes. As you travel up, admire the frescoes from Renaissance artists like Zuccari and Vasari on the two shells of the dome.
Then, arrive at the top and enjoy the reward for all your hard work! Stroll along the cupola’s balcony to soak up 360-degree views of Florence and the Tuscan hills stretched out below. Your guide will provide insightful background on Filippo Brunelleschi, the architect behind this Renaissance masterpiece.
After a half-hour or so, take a trip to the Baptistery a most beautiful building dedicated to Saint John that used to baptized Florentine citizens. Your tour will conclude in the museum.
Very worthwhile! Skip the massive line, backstage access, very knowledgeable and friendly guide. Overall, a very good value.
Bennedetta was the best guide ever! Super nice and extremely knowledgeable! I would highly recommend this to anyone who is in good physical condition and is NOT claustrophobic in any way. You are climbing 463 steps of carved stones in very narrow stairwells that get smaller the higher you go. If that's not a problem, it's well worth the physical effort when you reach the top and the journey down is nothing.
Probably the best thing we did in Florence.
Very nice small group of 6 people. Guide very warm and interactive, as well as knowledgeable. Excellent English skills. On the climb up to the top of the dome he made sure we could keep up and kept us together through the crowded places. The gelato at the end was a great touch.
Marion D United States of ...
Great tour! We got to go behind the scenes where no one else was allowed! Excellent tour guide!
Antonio was absolutely great and very knowledgeable
Wow! What a great tour. I did the tour on Sept 12th. The meeting point was easy to find. Only a short 5min walk to the Duomo. Our guide was Vanessa. She was very knowledgable and informative, without giving us too much information. The walk to the top of the Duomo is not easy, but if you're reasonably fit, you will get there. The steps are small and the area is confined. Sometimes you have to wait on the stairs whilst people coming down have to pass. The climb is well worth the effort. A bonus is being able to access the Terrace mid way through the climb. The views over the city are great from the top, and there is plenty of time to take it all in before the decent. The close up views of the paintings inside the Duomo are unforgettable, and the guides help in interpreting them is very helpful. To top it off after the Duomo tour there's a look inside the Baptistry next door. Overall, a great afternoon.
We loved this tour and our guide so much. She went over and beyond to relate the history of each location and the art. Ending with gelato was an inspired choice too!
Gabriela was wonderful! Her passion for her town engaged all of s! The tour was well organized and timely. We will remember it forever! We took the time to locate the meeting p,ace ahead of time. Good thing because it was difficult o find.
A long climb up, but so worth it!