- 1.5-hour skip-the-line tour of Florence’s Uffizi Gallery, with an art-expert guide
- View the highlights of the iconic gallery and learn about its history
- Hear tales of Renaissance artists such as Giotto and Leonardo da Vinci
- See Michelangelo’s Doni Tondo, Botticelli’s Birth of Venus and Caravaggio’s Bacchus
- Learn about Florence's medieval Medici family, whose rulers nurtured the great artists of the day
- Choose an afternoon tour (all year round), morning tour (May to October only) or evening tour (July to September only)
- Select an evening tour and opt to include an Italian aperitivo or 4-course dinner after your gallery visit (available Tuesdays only July to September)
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
Be fascinated with this walking tour in one of the oldest and most famous art museums of the western world!
Recent Photos of This Tour
- View from Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: Caroline B
Australia, 10 2008
- Galeria UffiziPhoto by: Renata B M R
- Galeria UfffiziPhoto by: Renata B M R
- Piazza della SignoriaPhoto by: Sara B
- View from the Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: Anna P
- No photos inside the Uffizi!Photo by: Shauna F
- Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: Marlo I
- Uffizi TourPhoto by: Anonymous
- View from Uffizi Gallery, ...Photo by: Caroline B
Australia, 10 2008
- Statue of David in front of ...Photo by: Nabarun N
India, 06 2008
- Uffizi Gallery StatuesPhoto by: Nabarun N
India, 06 2008
- Uffizi GalleryPhoto by: Nabarun N
India, 06 2008
What You Can Expect
Your tour will begin in front of the Uffizi Gallery in central Florence, where you’ll meet your guide. Head straight inside, bypassing the crowds and long lines with your priority access ticket. Your guide will take you to each of the museum’s highlights, stopping to admire Botticelli’s Birth of Venus, Michelangelo’s Doni Tondo, da Vinci’s Annunciation and more. Afterward, head to upper level to see masterpieces from Caravaggio.
With your choice of a morning, afternoon or evening departure, your tour will conclude after 1.5 hours. Continuing exploring the museum at your own pace if you wish, or check out the rooftop café to kick back with a refreshment (own expense).
Evening Tour with Aperitivo or Dinner Upgrade (Tuesdays only, July to September):
After feeling enriched by world-class art at the Uffizi Gallery, upgrade your ticket to top off your trip with an aperitivo or dinner. Following your tour, your guide will lead the way to a restaurant in the bustling square of Piazza della Signoria. Enjoy a traditional Florentine aperitivo, sipping on prosecco and sampling traditional Italian snacks.
For the full treatment, upgrade to experience a delicious 4-course dinner. Soak up the buzzing atmosphere of the illuminated square as you feast on Tuscan specialties like pasta and roasted pork (see the Itinerary for a sample menu), served with mineral water. (Other drinks at own expense).
- Glass of prosecco or soda served with snacks such as cheese, fruit, crackers and scones
- Bruschetta al pomodoro e basilica (grilled bread topped with tomatoes, basil and garlic)
- Rigatoni alla Fiorentina (rigatoni pasta Florentine style) and tortelloni alla crema di asparagi (tortelloni pasta with cream of asparagus sauce)
- Steccata di suino (roast pork with roast potatoes and mixed salad)
- Dessert of the day
- Meal served with mineral water
- Other drinks at own expense
This was a great tour! It was worth going with a tour guide because she knew the ins and outs of the museum. There was one stop on the tour where people were not allowed into a room because it was felt the humidity would be too much for the items inside. People could only view it from the three doorways that surrounded the room. The first doorway was incredibly overcrowded and it would have been near impossible to get a look inside. The second doorway was also crowded but the third doorway had just a few people looking in. Our tour guide led us straight to the third doorway. The stories about some of the paintings in other parts of the museum are very interesting. I got to know more about the Medici families and how they lived. However, it's also nice to go back at the end of the tour and look at how amazing it was to paint some of the pictures. My 19 year old daughter was not that impressed but I think it has more to do with her age. I'd recommend getting something to eat or drink at the café in the museum. My husband and daughter spent some time lingering at the café table while I went back to see some other paintings.
Steve United States of ...
Great tour! Very happy we did it. Be aware that even though it is a skip the line tour, it still took 30 minutes in line just to get inside the museum. Still very much worth it because without this it would have taken hours. The guide was knowledgeable and helped us navigate the museum and lead us to it's most famous masterworks. My 9-year old loved it and so did the rest of the family. Well worth the money. Thank you!
This was great experience, all went perfect with headphones and very skilled and nice guide.
I highly recommend such guided tour at Uffizi.
This tour was absolutely wonderful! The tour director I believe his name was Alex is an Art Teacher, and he is incredibly knowledgeable about everything we were seeing, including the history and evolution of styles in both painting and sculpture. Anyone fortunate enough to tour the museum with him will find it to be a richly rewarding experience. I could not have been happier with it.
From an administration standpoint, the local contacts at the museum were friendly and efficient, and they got us organized and ready to begin the tour a couple of minutes early.
I expect to book many more tours with Viator. Based on my experience they are a first-class organization - and they have so many tours to choose from!
Guide was very interesting and knowledgeable, and skipping the line was great!
Thank you Catarina for making our tour of the Uffizi Gallery so memorable! You are an incredible guide, full of passion, knowledge and so much humour! Thank you again!
We had a fantastic well informed guide. it was a small group so we were able to cover a few more paintings. i really appreciate the painting on the 2nd floor that she suggest we see on our own after the tour.
Guide was knowledgable and personable. Good information.
Wonderful guide Elisa was exciting and knowledgeable
Marco was terrific, and constantly making sure everyone could hear him well. Highly recommend this tour.