Book and travel before March 31, 2014, and save 10% on the recommended retail price.
This small-group walking tour is limited to eight people to ensure a more personalized experience.
- Small-group walking tour through Florence to sample gourmet Italian cuisine
- Sample delicious regional specialties including coffee, breads, cheeses, olive oil, Tuscan wines and gelato
- Discover the charm of the city and learn about Florence’s culinary scene from your expert guide
- Visit the San Lorenzo Central Market and a local winery
- Small-group tour with a maximum of eight people ensures a more personalized experience
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
Continue to an old delicatessen founded in 1885, where you’ll enjoy a panino tartufato, a delicate, truffle pâté sandwich made with the truffles for which the deli is famous. As you continue to your next food stop, listen as your guide illustrates the history of Florence’s most important squares where Florentines used to buy their food. Learn about typical local dishes and ingredients, but don’t expect detailed how to’s – Italians would never give away their secret family recipes!
To understand how Italians prepare their delicious plates, take a trip to the San Lorenzo Central Market, one of the main shopping centers in Florence known for fresh, locally grown ingredients. Taste some of the region’s best balsamic vinegars and extra virgin olive oils with crostini, traditional toasted Italian bread.
Your tour continues to a local wine shop, known as an enoteca, where you'll savor two Tuscan wines, accompanied by delicious regional cheeses and local meats. While you enjoy your tasting, learn about the origins of the food and wine from your guide. Top it off with something sweet at the final stop of your tour, one of Florence's best gelato shops where you’ll indulge in freshly made gelato!
At the end of your Florence food walking tour, you’ll leave feeling like a local.