- Evening Siena excursion, wine cellar tour and Chianti dinner
- Visit the Tuscan city of Siena and enjoy free time to see the sun set
- Stroll around Piazza del Campo and take photos of Siena Duomo
- Tour a wine estate at a Tuscan farmhouse in Chianti and learn about the local wine
- Feast on a 4-course dinner of Tuscan specialties with up to four glasses of wine
What You Can Expect
Use your free time to stroll around Piazza del Campo, the square considered the beating heart of the city, and admire its elegant Gothic buildings basking in the sunset glow. You can pay a visit to Siena Duomo, one of the most famous Gothic cathedrals in Italy, and admire the frescoes that embellish its interior.
After seeing the sunset over Siena, return to your coach and travel into the Chianti winemaking region of Tuscany to visit one of its esteemed wine estates at a Tuscan farm. Tour the cellars, seeing where the legendary ruby-red wine is bottled and matured, and learn about the aging process that lends itself to the wine’s velvety taste.
After exploring the estate, it’s time to enjoy the wine itself! Take a seat at your table outside (if the weather is good) or inside the main farmhouse. Savor a 4-course meal (see Sample Menu below) with up to four glasses of the estate's wine. Your tour leader points out the different characteristics of the wine as you sip and swirl.
Chat about the Tuscan specialties with fellow food lovers in your group over the course of your meal. Afterward, return to your coach and end your evening with a drop-off at Piazza Adua in central Florence.
- Tuscan salami or local cheese crostini
- Crespelle (Italian crepes)
- Arista (saddle of succulent pork)
- Brasato (beef braised in red wine)
- Peposo (peppered Tuscan beef stew)
- Cantuccini (almond cookies)
excellent value. Had 1hr 45 min in Sienna, just long enough to see the Duomo and have a coffee in fhe square. The wine tour was fun anx informative. The dinner was excellwnt as was the wine. A fun afternoon/evening. Excellent value.
This was a wonderful experience, Antonio our guide, was very helpful and knowledgeable. The wine tasting and food was very good, I was able to buy and ship back some wine very simply.