- Evening Siena excursion, wine cellar tour and Chianti dinner
- Visit the Tuscan city of Siena and enjoy free time to see the sun set
- Stroll around Piazza del Campo and take photos of Siena Duomo
- Tour a wine estate at a Tuscan farmhouse in Chianti and learn about the local wine
- Feast on a 4-course dinner of Tuscan specialties with up to four glasses of wine
What You Can Expect
Use your free time to stroll around Piazza del Campo, the square considered the beating heart of the city, and admire its elegant Gothic buildings basking in the sunset glow. You can pay a visit to Siena Duomo, one of the most famous Gothic cathedrals in Italy, and admire the frescoes that embellish its interior.
After seeing the sunset over Siena, return to your coach and travel into the Chianti winemaking region of Tuscany to visit one of its esteemed wine estates at a Tuscan farm. Tour the cellars, seeing where the legendary ruby-red wine is bottled and matured, and learn about the aging process that lends itself to the wine’s velvety taste.
After exploring the estate, it’s time to enjoy the wine itself! Take a seat at your table outside (if the weather is good) or inside the main farmhouse. Savor a 4-course meal (see Sample Menu below) with up to four glasses of the estate's wine. Your tour leader points out the different characteristics of the wine as you sip and swirl.
Chat about the Tuscan specialties with fellow food lovers in your group over the course of your meal. Afterward, return to your coach and end your evening with a drop-off at Piazza Adua in central Florence.
- Tuscan salami or local cheese crostini
- Crespelle (Italian crepes)
- Arista (saddle of succulent pork)
- Brasato (beef braised in red wine)
- Peposo (peppered Tuscan beef stew)
- Cantuccini (almond cookies)
AMAZING!!! The trip to the farm was the highlight of our trip to Florence--Carlo's passion was palatable and shined through in his food and wine. This trip is well worth the cost and I highly, highly recommend it!
We would definitely recommend this tour. It was fantastic and organised very well. Big thanks for our tour guides they were fantastic, driver was lovely too.
We loved the wine and Sienna. The only thing that was missing is they said desert would be tiramisu, but we only got a shot of really strong clear grape drink and some plain biscuits. Other than that A+++
Jasmine and Ross