- Evening Siena excursion, wine cellar tour and Chianti dinner
- Visit the Tuscan city of Siena and enjoy free time to see the sun set
- Stroll around Piazza del Campo and take photos of Siena Duomo
- Tour a wine estate at a Tuscan farmhouse in Chianti and learn about the local wine
- Feast on a 4-course dinner of Tuscan specialties with up to four glasses of wine
What You Can Expect
Use your free time to stroll around Piazza del Campo, the square considered the beating heart of the city, and admire its elegant Gothic buildings basking in the sunset glow. You can pay a visit to Siena Duomo, one of the most famous Gothic cathedrals in Italy, and admire the frescoes that embellish its interior.
After seeing the sunset over Siena, return to your coach and travel into the Chianti winemaking region of Tuscany to visit one of its esteemed wine estates at a Tuscan farm. Tour the cellars, seeing where the legendary ruby-red wine is bottled and matured, and learn about the aging process that lends itself to the wine’s velvety taste.
After exploring the estate, it’s time to enjoy the wine itself! Take a seat at your table outside (if the weather is good) or inside the main farmhouse. Savor a 4-course meal (see Sample Menu below) with up to four glasses of the estate's wine. Your tour leader points out the different characteristics of the wine as you sip and swirl.
Chat about the Tuscan specialties with fellow food lovers in your group over the course of your meal. Afterward, return to your coach and end your evening with a drop-off at Piazza Adua in central Florence.
- Tuscan salami or local cheese crostini
- Crespelle (Italian crepes)
- Arista (saddle of succulent pork)
- Brasato (beef braised in red wine)
- Peposo (peppered Tuscan beef stew)
- Cantuccini (almond cookies)
We had a really great time on our tour. Our guide was amazing. She spoke several languages which was very impressive, but you could tell that she was clearly passionate about the area. The dinner was beautiful and so was the scenery. We'd definitely recommend this tour - you won't regret it!
An excellent guide and tour.Because our group was fifty people it was too large to move swiftly and it meant along time serving dinner. There was no dessert, only biscotti which was a disappointment considering the cost.We arrived back in Florence after eleven PM.The driver of the bus was excellent in tight roads on the way to Chianti Country and exiting the vineyard.A very pleasant evening but the size of the group was too many.