- Full-day Chianti food and wine tour from Florence with 4x4 minibus transport
- Tour a medieval castle and wine estate, and enjoy a wine- and olive oil–tasting
- Visit a specialty pecorino cheese producer
- Enjoy an off-road adventure through the gorgeous countryside of Tuscany
- Savor a 3-course Tuscan lunch that features delights such as a plate of mixed grilled meat
- Make the most of your free time in Greve-in-Chianti and visit a butchers shop to try their cured meat
- Finish with a visit to a second winery and sample the renowned Chianti Classico wine
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Your first stop is at a medieval castle, owned by a local winemaking family for some 900 years. Stretch your legs on a stroll, and hear the story of the estate’s carefully cultivated vines, and of their attention to detail during the winemaking process. Explore the wine cellars and olive oil press, take photos from the castle tower, and, finally, sample up to three glasses of the estate’s different wine varietals as well as two olive oils.
After leaving the castle, relax as you travel through the stunning Chianti countryside to a prestigious cheese producer. Learn about the cheese-making process and taste some delicious locally produced cheese.
Hop back inside your 4x4 minibus and buckle up for an off-road experience, through stretches of Tuscany’s ancient woodland and rolling hills, to your next stop: a traditional Tuscan restaurant. Take a seat and treat your taste buds to some of the finest food that Tuscany has to offer; your lunch is sure to be a highlight of the tour! See the Sample Menu below for examples of the dishes.
Feeling refreshed, continue with a visit to Greve-in-Chianti, a quintessential Tuscan town with pretty streets and quaint shops. Make the most of some free time to explore, enjoy a coffee (own expense) or simply soak up the unique Italian culture that abounds. Then, meet back up with your guide to sample cured meat at a butchers shop.
The rest of your afternoon is spent deep in the Chianti hills at a vineyard that produces Chianti Classico wine. In contrast to the well-established winery visited in the morning, this second winery is smaller and less-known, but it has produced two award-winning varietals. Sample these varietals, and learn how innovation and ancient traditions have combined to make them. Finish with a sweet treat, and then relax on the journey back to Florence where your tour ends.
- Crostini misti (slices of toasted bread with various toppings)
- Handmade spaghetti with fresh tomatoes and Pecorino di Fossa (a sheep's cheese aged in caves)
- Mixed grilled meat platter (sausages, spareribs, guinea fowl and chicken) with roast potatoes and garden salad
I had a fantastic time on this tour. Because it's a relatively new offering, there were only two other people in the group with me, which led to an all-around great day. Our guide, Chris, knew his wines, cheeses, and the regional history, was engaging, and (especially because of the small group size) made it very easy to ask questions and slightly bend the timing of the tour if we particularly liked a view (or a wine!)... On our particular day, we got to sample a few more than the advertised seven wines -- but even if we hadn't, it was a great day.
This was awesome. Totally worth the money! I had a blast traveling through Tuscany. Chris was our tour guide and he was so great! I loved the fact that he was completely familiar with both American and Italian culture! His passion for Chianti, Tuscany, and wine in general made the experience even better, instead of having a boring tour guide. I encourage anyone who is passionate about food and wine to take this tour!