Numbers are limited to 16 on this small-group tour, ensuring a personalized experience.
- 9-hour Siena and San Gimignano tour with dinner in Chianti
- Leave Florence and travel through the Tuscan countryside to Siena
- Take a Siena walking tour around Piazza del Campo and the city’s picturesque streets
- Make the most of some free time in the hill-town of San Gimignano
- Visit a Chianti winery at sunset and savor a 3-course meal with wine, dessert wine and cookies
- Small-group experience with a maximum of 16 people ensures personalized attention
What You Can Expect
Soak up the scenery as you relax on the journey to Siena, Tuscany’s second-largest city. In ancient times, the city competed with Florence for power, wealth and artistic beauty; today the city holds a reputation as an urban gem in Tuscany’s crown. Enjoy a walking tour, seeing Piazza del Campo — site of the annual Palio horse race — as well as the enchanting backstreets that many visitors fail to discover. Learn about Siena’s history and hear tales of the contrades for which Siena is famous. Loosely translated as districts, the contrades have individual legacies of traditions and emotions, and each boasts their own flag and anthems.
Before leaving Siena, enjoy a surprise food tasting of a traditional local specialty. Then, reboard your minibus and travel to San Gimignano, another beautiful Tuscan hilltop town. Famed for its medieval ‘skyscrapers’ and twisting stone streets, the charming town is the ideal place to wind down with some free time and explore.
From San Gimignano, continue through the countryside and stop at a Chianti winery in time to see the sun go down over dinner. If the weather is good, take a seat at an outdoor table or alternatively, eat inside and gaze at the Tuscan sun setting over the hills while savoring a meal of traditional Tuscan specialties with wine.
When your meal is finished, travel with your guide back to the start point in central Florence where your evening experience ends.
- Bruschetta with Tuscan olive oil
- Platter of cheese and locally cured cold meat
- Tuscan ribollita (country-style soup made with bread, cannellini beans and vegetables)
I love the guides, they were fun and very funny, it was sad that the day we went, it was rainy! this is a small private tour to bring you to these awesome places for a very reasonable price! I would Recommend you if for this guide if you are in Florence and want to visit Siena just for a day trip. Since it was raining, the tour sent us to our hotel which was very nice of him to go the extra mile for his customers!
I did this for my honeymoon and my wife and I are happy!
Not only were the drivers who accompanied us - Eliseu and Giacomo - the sweetest people ever, but the guide from Siena was clearly proud of her city. I would have liked a little more time in San Gimignano, and to have known it was a place so cute for shopping, though. The Chianti Dinner: absolutely delicious.