- 1.5-hour exclusive, early access tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence, including breakfast at a nearby cafe
- Enjoy crowd-free access to Michelangelo’s David with this Viator Exclusive, not available anywhere else
- Learn about Michelangelo's works from an art-historian guide and see San Matteo, Palestrina Pietà and the Prigioni
- Enjoy free time at the Accademia Gallery to see art by Botticelli and other Renaissance greats
- End your tour with a delicious, traditional breakfast at a central Florence cafe
- Small-group tour limited to 15 people to provide a more intimate experience
- This tour cannot be booked anywhere else — don't miss out on this unforgettable experience!
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Once inside the Accademia Gallery, stroll with your guide and enjoy some of the museum’s most famous artistic masterpieces without the usual large crowds. Listen as your guide shares interesting facts and details about some of the artwork and discusses the little-known stories behind some of Michelangelo’s major works including San Matteo, Palestrina Pietà and the four male nudes known as Prigioni.
Follow your expert guide down the gallery’s halls until you reach the Tribune where Michelangelo’s David stands in all his glory under a halo-like dome. An unsurpassed icon of beauty and perfection, the David is a masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture and one of the most famous statues of all time. Carved by Michelangelo in the early 16th century, the marble statue is a symbol of strength and youthful human beauty.
After marveling at the David, your exclusive experience ends with a delicious, traditional Italian breakfast (think strong coffee and sweet pastries) at a cozy cafe in central Florence. Choose to follow your guide directly to the cafe. Alternatively, stay inside the Accademia Gallery to see some of the other exhibits, including works by Botticelli and Filippino Lippi, before making your own way to the cafe.
This was a great tour, early start but well worth it as you do enter the building before the general public at around 8.15. We met a representative outside who was clearly noticeable and waited for our guide. Sylvia was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the the works and seeing David with fewer people surround him was a treat! After we had explored the main works which took an hour, we were then free to wonder around the rest of the exhibitions on our own although the gallery isn't that big and the breakfast which was about a 3 minute walk away and very easy to find was superb! In a very nice cafe part of the Cuore hotel couldn't have asked for more!
Beat the crowd tour was amazing. The breakfast was not really breakfast so don't expect much. But the museum tour without the crowd is worth 5 stars