- Day trip to Heidelberg and Baden-Baden from Frankfurt
- Explore the ruins of Heidelberg Castle and soak up views over the River Necker
- See top Heidelberg attractions such as Karlstor Gate and the Old Bridge
- Visit the spa town of Baden-Baden in the Black Forest with a guide
- Stop for photos by Lake Mummelsee and then shop for traditional cuckoo clocks, if you wish
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
This is a great day trip for an overview of southern Germany, taking in castles, the country's oldest casino, impressive lakes and the famous Black Forest!
What You Can Expect
scooby_singh United States of ...
Our guide Peter was outstanding. We had a small group of 7, he took the time to walk with us through the streets of Baden Baden and Heidelburg. He always made us stay while he went and got the mini van and save us from walking the extra mile. Outstanding service by Peter, he never rushed us and provided excellent commentary on Heidelberg, Baden-Baden and Black forest. Ask for Peter, it will be worth it.
This was quite a long day, but we knew what we were signing up for, so no grumbles there. However, the tour company office - apparently incorrectly - told the driver some clients wanted to visit Strassburg - that would have meant a VERY long day. After some discussion on the bus, it was decided to just do Heidelberg and Baden-Baden.
Both H and B-B were good to visit and wander around, and the driver provided good background in each. We had a crisis when one tour member got separated from the rest of the party in B-B, but we managed to find her after searching. I was greatly impressed by the driver's professionalism in coordinating the search. The final segment in the mountains south of B-B was magic.