- Full-day trip from Frankfurt to Heidelberg and the Rhine Valley
- Visit two must-see German attractions in one day
- Explore the ruins of Heidelberg Castle, and see the world's largest wine barrel
- See River Neckar, the Karl Theodor Bridge and Heidelberg University
- Take in majestic Rhineland scenery, bearing testament to its UNESCO World Heritage status
- Enjoy a Rhine River cruise onboard a steamer boat
- Sample wines from the Rhine Valley region
Recent Photos of This Tour
Rhine Valley River CruisePhoto by: Mario S
Malta, 07 2014
A Giant Wine Barrel at ...Photo by: Mario S
Malta, 07 2014
Quaint HeidelbergPhoto by: Anne A
How quaint!Photo by: Anne A
Schloss HeidelbergPhoto by: Heather B
River cruisePhoto by: Carmel
Rhine ValleyPhoto by: Eduard K
USA, 11 2012
What You Can Expect
Heidelberg Castle perches over the city, and a visit to its famous ruins will undoubtedly be a highlight of your full-day trip. The evocative castle was created as a combination of several buildings clustered around a courtyard, each one representing different styles of German architecture. The castle is home to many interesting artifacts, including the famous Heidelberg wine barrel that boasts a capacity of more than 51 US gallons (193 liters) of wine!
You'll then take a walk around Heidelberg's medieval Old Town to see the famous Old Bridge (Karl Theodor Bridge), the beautiful Church of the Holy Spirit and Heidelberg University before transferring by coach to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed stretch of the impressive Rhine Valley. See romantic villages, pretty vineyards and medieval castles that frame the River Rhine.
On reaching Kaub, you'll enjoy a relaxing cruise down the River Rhine toward the town of Rudesheim, followed by a wine-tasting session and dinner. Your Heidelberg and Rhine Valley Day Trip offers the best way to experience this stunning region of Germany in a short space of time.
Wonderful experience.....beautiful....really enjoyed both
I thoroughly enjoyed the tour! Adrian was funny and informative. The tour was conducted in a relaxed manner. I would highly recommend the tour as they know what they are doing!