- Full-day trip from Frankfurt to Nuremberg by luxury coach
- Hear tales of Nuremberg's history as a center for trade and industry
- Learn about Nuremberg's controversial WWII history - home of Nazi rallies and later war crime tribunals
- Walk around Nuremberg's Old Town with your expert guide
- See Nuremberg Castle (Kaiserburg) or the Germanic National Museum
- Visit the Nuremberg Christmas Markets (Chriskindlesmarkt) when traveling in the month before Christmas
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
On arrival into Nuremberg, you'll be greeted by the sight of a vibrant city that's as colorful as its past, with distinctive red-roofed buildings stretching around the Imperial Nuremberg Castle (Kaiserburg). You'll enjoy a walking tour around Nuremberg's Old Town to see the original city walls and the Castle Quarter with its unique, timber-framed houses.
The remaining itinerary on your Nuremberg day trip will be determined by your guide on the day, depending on the group's overall preferences. However, sights you may visit include the popular Germanic National Museum or Nuremberg Castle, either of which you'll explore independently at leisure.
Should you be lucky enough to be on Nuremberg day trip between November 25 and December 24, you will also visit the Nuremberg Christmas Markets (Christkindlesmarkt). The Christmas Markets in Nuremberg feature nearly 200 beautiful wooden stalls, decked out in red and white cloth, bearing handmade gifts and baked goods. You'll have time to shop at leisure and sample the famous Nuremberg sausages before returning to Frankfurt.
Our trip was an exceptional experience. It was our first time in a Phaeton limo, our first time on the autobahn, and the tour of Nuremberg with a sophisticated, knowledgeable guide was a surprise treat. We especially were impressed with the tour at the Documentation Centre, a piece of history not to be forgotten.
Wonderful city but guide was useless. Only 2 passengers but no history or any information about Nurnberg. Sent to a toy museum, sent to lunch where we paid ( even tho lunch included). We were obviously not his idea of a day out, miserable as it was. Best to visit the city by yourself as its quite walk able and take a guide book!