- 6-hour private tour of Heidelberg from Frankfurt with an expert guide
- Explore the haunting ruins of Heidelberg Castle
- Walk around Heidelberg Altstadt (Old Town) to see the Old Bridge and the Church of the Holy Spirit
- Discover Heidelberg’s picturesque Gothic and Renaissance architecture
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from a private guide on this sightseeing tour
What You Can Expect
Often described as Germany’s most beautiful city, Heidelberg is renowned for its Baroque Old Town, pretty Renaissance buildings and haunting castle ruins. Follow in the footsteps of the romantic poets, most notably Johann Wolfgang van Goethe, and the likes of painter William Turner, and fall in love with this beautiful, red-roofed city.
Your first stop on the tour is at the ruins of Heidelberg Castle. A dramatic feature perched atop the city’s hilly skyline, Heidelberg Castle was once a grand, Gothic masterpiece, before it was plundered and burned by the French army in the 17th century, and then struck by lightning a century later. Stroll across the vast courtyard and explore the ragged yet magnificent terrace. Then, head to the wine cellar with your guide and see, reportedly, the largest wine barrel in the world.
Next, recharge with a freshly made sandwich and coffee before heading back into Heidelberg and taking a walk around the winding lanes of the medieval Old Town. See the charming Old Bridge (Karl Theodor Bridge), the beautiful Church of the Holy Spirit and the statuesque facades of the House of Knight St George.
Finally, enjoy views of Heidelberg University, the oldest university in Germany, before relaxing on your hour-long journey back to Frankfurt. Your tour concludes back at your centrally located city hotel.