- 3-hour Franz Josef Glacier Valley Walk
- Take a day trip from Franz Josef to experience New Zealand's stunning nature and picturesque views of the Franz Josef Glacier.
- See spectacular views of the rapidly changing terminal face of the glacier
- Access exclusive trails to the summit and travel beyond the public barriers
- Enjoy snacks on the summit and listen to storytelling from your guide
- Small-group tour, maximum of 13 people per group for a more personal experience
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Once fitted out with all your equipment, take a short bus ride to the outskirts of the glacier. Your guide will take you on a Glacier Valley Walk that will take you up alongside the mighty Waiho River bed following the glaciers path of retreat in this remarkable landscape.
You will learn about the glacier's history, see what is left behind by this majestic giant, and learn the legend of Ka Roimata o Hinehukatere. Near the terminal face, you will cross over the public barriers and after a brief climb you will be rewarded with spectacular views of the rapidly changing terminal face of the glacier.
We had a fun time at Franz Josef ,The valley walk was educational and interesting the whole thing took more or less 3-4 hours. Our guide was friendly and we were able to get closer to the glacier. We were able to hold the glacier and take pictures on it.
We enjoyed the experience a great deal. Our guide made our trip to the glazier one to remember.