- 40-minute helicopter flight with snow landing on Franz Josef Glacier
- See views of Aoraki/Mt Cook and Tasman Glacier from the summit
- Soar over the Southern Alps and the Murchison Glacier valley
- Listen to fascinating commentary from the pilot
- Pickup and drop-off from Franz Josef village
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
From your vantage point in the air, discover the vast expanse of Franz Josef and Fox glaciers. You’ll get up close to towering peaks and crevasses, and learn about the alpine wonderland of the Murchison Glacier valley, as your pilot delivers expert commentary en route.
Then descend onto a snowfield with a helicopter landing at around 7,000 feet (2,134 meters), and walk along the main divide, which offers panoramic views of Aoraki/Mt Cook and Tasman Glacier.
Back in the air, continue down toward the coastal rainforests bordering the Tasman Sea before returning to the tour base with ground transport back to your hotel.
We were fortunate to have beautiful weather, so had a fantastic flight!
Very scenic flight and pilots made me feel safe I would highly recommend this scenic flight
Raymond Phau Singapore
Awesome view from the top, and our pilot flying so close to the mountain. Walking and playing at Mt Cook Glacier remind us of God wonderful creation everywhere. So blessed!
Awesome experience. The only way to see the glacier.
Anne C United Kingdom
The tour did not go due to weather.