- 30-minute helicopter flight over the Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers in New Zealand
- Enjoy panoramic views of the glaciers from your vantage point in the air
- Hear interesting commentary from your professional pilot on route
- Land on either the Franz Josef Glacier or the Fox Glacier to appreciate the glacial landscape up close
- Includes round-trip travel from your Franz Josef hotel
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
Following a pickup from your hotel in Franz Josef, head to the nearby Fox Glacier Helicopter Base to begin your tour. Take a seat in your helicopter and, as the powerful blades begin to whir noisily outside, strap in and brace yourself for the trip of a lifetime!
The Franz Josef and Fox Glaciers are considered by many visitors to offer some of New Zealand’s most spectacular scenery. Pristine ice fields, plunging crevasses and frozen icefalls lead from the glaciers’ towering peaks down to the valley beneath, and the scenery is truly breathtaking.
Take in panoramic views from your vantage point in the sky and listen as your professional pilot delivers informative commentary en route. The glaciers are the result of millions of years of tectonic plate movement, and their majesty and scale can only be truly appreciated from the air.
After a short flight, touch down at the head of either the Franz Josef Glacier or the Fox Glacier and enjoy a little time to admire the landscape up close. Pose for photographs, capture the mountain scenery on camera and take in beautiful views out over the icy terrain to the lower valley beyond.
When your 30-minute tour is over, hop back in your helicopter for the short flight back to the Fox Glacier Helicopter Base, then travel back to your Franz Josef hotel where your glacier discovery tour will come to an end.