- Full day tour to Fraser Island, from Hervey Bay
- Stop at Central Station, a former logging station and now the starting point for many walking trails
- Stroll along the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk through sub-tropical rainforest
- Enjoy a revitalizing swim in Lake McKenzie and relax on the sandy white beaches of this postcard perfect lake
- Float down Eli Creek, a fast-flowing freshwater creek that pours into the ocean
- Drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach to see the technicolor sand cliffs of the Pinnacles and SS Maheno shipwreck
- Take an optional scenic flight over the island (own expense)
What You Can Expect
You’ll travel first to Central Station where you’ll stroll along a boardwalk next to the crystal clear waters of Wanggoolba Creek that stream over white sand through a rainforest valley. Discover idyllic shady spots surrounded by ancient king ferns and towering ghost gum and pine trees.
Next you’ll head to Lake McKenzie, a pristine gem with clear water and sandy white beaches. Note how soft your skin and hair feel after bathing in the fresh water of this picture perfect lake.
Then you’ll drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach, a sandy highway where you can spot birds of prey and humpback whales (migrating July – November). You also can choose to sign up for a 15-minute scenic flight over the island (own expense) while the coach continues down the beach and meets the plane when it lands.
You’ll arrive at the spot where Eli Creek’s pours into the ocean. Follow your guide a short distance up the creek then float in the fast-moving water back to the beach.
Reboard your coach for photo stops at your next two destinations: the iconic Maheno Shipwreck–which washed ashore during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935–and the colored sand cliffs of the Pinnacles. Your guide will explain how the technicolor sand formations were created and the aboriginal legends about the site.
Along the way, you'll pull into a beach resort for a tasty buffet lunch. After your day’s adventures, you’ll catch the ferry back to River Heads and be returned to your hotel.
This tour is a must. Don´t miss the szenic flight across the Island with take off and landing on the beach.
My friend and I had never been to Fraser,, we really enjoyed the trip! Informative amd fun. Mike was lovely, you can tell he loves his job. Definitely recommend :-)