- 4-day PADI scuba diving course in Freeport
- Become a certified PADI Open Water Diver under the tutorial of a professional instructor
- Learn all the skills necessary during five theory sessions and five pool sessions
- Put your newfound skills to use during four open-water dives in the Caribbean
- See the colorful coral and tropical marine life of Grand Bahama
- Receive lifetime certification that qualifies you for advanced PADI diving courses
- Suitable for children 10 year or older
- Small-group course limited to four students provides a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Start times for each day range from 7:45am to 9am; you’ll finish around 4pm or 5pm. Your guide will give you snack and lunch breaks between sessions; bring your own food and drinks, including lunch.
After meeting your dive guide and purchasing your PADI Open Water Diver manual (payable on site), your course starts with a 1-hour classroom theory session, during which you'll watch a video and learn about basic dive skills, safety guidelines and other introductory principles. Then head to the pool with your scuba gear for your first pool session. Under the watchful eye of your instructor, get familiar with the tank, BCD, regulator, mask and other diving equipment and practice controlling your buoyancy and breath in shallow water.
Around midday, hop aboard a dive boat and try out your new skills during your first open-water dive at a calm dive site. As you discover the amazing experience of swimming with colorful tropical fish around a coral reef, you’ll be a converted diving lover!
Day 1 ends back on shore with theory sessions #2 and #3.
Start your day with your 2nd and 3rd pool sessions, and then take a break for lunch. In the mid-afternoon, meet back up with your guide for your 2nd open-water dive.
Finish your theory sessions with classes #4 and #5, followed by a final exam. Then break for lunch, and afterward head to the pool for your 4th and 5th (and final) pool sessions.
With your classroom and pool sessions behind you, today you can just enjoy being in the ocean! Complete your 3rd and 4th open-water dives at a relaxing dive site, and then congratulate yourself on becoming a certified PADI Open Water Diver. Your lifetime certification allows you to dive independently up to 60 feet (18 meters) anywhere in the world. You’ll also be qualified to continue your diving education with PADI’s advanced courses, if you’re interested.