- Day trip from Geneva to Chamonix, a French town at the foot of Mont Blanc
- Travel through the Alps by open-top bus for unobstructed views
- Spend the day as you please in the picturesque resort town
- Ride the spectacular Aiguille du Midi cable car ride and take the Mer de Glace glacier railway tour, if option selected
- Enjoy a gourmet 3-course lunch at Michelin-starred restaurant Le Bistrot, if option selected
- Enjoy onboard audio commentary about Geneva, Chamonix and surrounding Alps region on both legs of the bus trip
Recent Photos of This Tour
- BreathtakingPhoto by: M Esther S
- MarcPhoto by: Christina F. T
- IMG_2931Photo by: Christina F. T
- IMG_2924Photo by: Christina F. T
- IMG_2905Photo by: Christina F. T
- Step into the Void 12,000+ ...Photo by: Sarah M
- One of the viewing platformsPhoto by: Sarah M
- The summit of Mont Blanc from ...Photo by: Sarah M
What You Can Expect
- Appetizer of the day
- Brandade of pollock rolled in zucchini with a sweet pepper coulis
- Spicy sausage with rouille sauce, and fish soup
- Slow-cooked fillet of fera (white Alpine lake fish) with crusty bread, mashed creamed Jerusalem artichoke and a licorice-flavored sauce
- Line-caught sea bass with roasted salsify root, bacon, mushrooms and a balsamic sauce
- Roasted pigeon thigh rillettes with truffle, duck liver and corn cream
- Rhubarb tart with yogurt sorbet
- Raspberry pannacotta
- Cinnamon-infused tarte tatin
Was a quite bank holiday so had the tour all to ourselves! Great tour guide and really interesting to have a chat
What a brilliant day out we had. Neil the driver was good fun and also gave us great tips time wise so we wouldn't miss out on anything and still be back for the return journey-well worth the money for once in a lifetime mountain summit and glacier visit
Our tour to Chamonix was great inspite of the rainy weather that day. Our driver was very accommodating and knowledgeable. We opted for the package with a lunch at the Le Bistrot....very nice and well presented lunch. Me and my husband had a great time. All the food being served were superb. Thumbs up! It was such an unforgettable experience. God job!
Absolutely breathtaking. This tour was one of the top highlights of our 25 day European adventure. The bus driver was knowledgeable and provided a great impromptu narrative during our drive to Chamonix when the recording was not working. The tour was very well-organized and the sites themselves gondola to mountaintop and ice caves were fabulous. As an aside, we used Viator for several Europe tours and each one was of great quality. Viator will remain on our favorites for future travels.
Neil the driver was the perfect host. His knowledge of the area was fascinating and could not have done more to have made the day special was our Wedding Anniversary. Nothing was any trouble for him and he would go that extra mile to make the day memorable. Aiguille du Midi was, literally, breath taking and well worth the price. One of these 'must do's'. As for Chamonix simply delightful.
There are a few options to visit Chamonix but the benefit to this one is definitely the lunch, do NOT skip the lunch option. Not only is it about 1/2 price of what a meal out in Geneva will cost you, but it was the best meal of my entire trip through Switzerland. I was treated like royalty at a Michelin star restaurant and if I was eating some of the dishes in the privacy of my own home, I would have licked the plate.
This tour offers the open top bus which is, I believe, the only tour company that does from Geneva. The bus wasn't really the highlight of my trip and I recommend a hat or sunglasses because the sun does beat down on you in the morning through the glass.
The only real downside to this tour was there just wasn't a lot of time. I booked it up to the mountain by speaking to the guide while everyone was in the bathroom and was able to get a jump start on the line up to Mont Blanc, which helped moved the day along faster, but time really flew all day. Between waiting in lines and the transportation time for the round trip cable cars and trains don't expect to get much shopping in. In order to fully appreciated the village of Chamonix you have to cruise through the mountain and the ice cave. If you prefer a day of shopping in Chamonix, you can skip the ice cave. It's quite a hike to get down and back up to it. But I will say, my photos from the cave got the biggest reaction from my friends. It really was a unique experience.
This tour was amazing!
Worth every penny. The views are spectacular and the pace of everything is very nicely planned -- you're free to wander or request the assistance of your guide from place to place. Additionally, the lunch is well worth it. It's an incredible nice restaurant and pleasantly breaks up the day.
Amazing trip - definitely would recommend the full tour!