- Day trip from Geneva to Chamonix, a French town at the foot of Mont Blanc
- Travel through the Alps by open-top bus for unobstructed views
- Spend the day as you please in the picturesque resort town
- Ride the spectacular Aiguille du Midi cable car ride and take the Mer de Glace glacier railway tour, if option selected
- Enjoy a gourmet 3-course lunch at Michelin-starred restaurant Le Bistrot, if option selected
- Enjoy onboard audio commentary about Geneva, Chamonix and surrounding Alps region on both legs of the bus trip
Recent Photos of This Tour
MarcPhoto by: Christina F. T
IMG_2931Photo by: Christina F. T
IMG_2924Photo by: Christina F. T
IMG_2905Photo by: Christina F. T
Step into the Void 12,000+ ...Photo by: Sarah M
One of the viewing platformsPhoto by: Sarah M
The summit of Mont Blanc from ...Photo by: Sarah M
What You Can Expect
On your 90-minute drive, enjoy an informative overview of Geneva, Chamonix and the surrounding Alps region from your audio headset, with commentary available in eight languages. Cross the Swiss border into France and arrive in Chamonix, surrounded by majestic mountains and glaciers. This picturesque Alpine town is nestled at the foot of imposing Mont Blanc, the largest peak in Europe.
Thanks to your morning departure, arrive in Chamonix before the busy crowds arrive. Plus, if you have upgraded to enjoy the all-inclusive experience, your pre-ordered lift and train tickets allow you to avoid the long queues. After your guide drops you off in front of the Aiguille du Midi cable car, you're free to spend the rest of the day at your leisure. Wander by foot to discover the town’s many delights, such as Parc Loisir, Musée Alpin, Lac Gaillands or Atelier Les Racines.
With your all-inclusive upgrade, take the Aiguille du Midi cable car up to 12,605 feet (3,842 meters) to a landing of permanent snow and ice for stunning panoramas of Mont Blanc and the surrounding French, Swiss and Italian Alps. At the summit, experience 'Step into the Void,' an enclosed glass platform that lets you hover weightlessly above the snow-covered valley.
Then, if you have opted for the gourmet lunch, head back to town to Le Bistrot, an elegant Michelin-star restaurant. Here, dine on three courses of refined, innovative local French cuisine. See the Itinerary for a sample menu.
After your lunch, take the Montenvers railway to the Mer de Glace, descend by gondola onto the glacier and explore the ice caves that are carved out into the heart of the ice.
In the late afternoon board the open-top bus and enjoy more commentary on your scenic ride back to Geneva, this time via the north side of the valley.
- Appetizer of the day
- Brandade of pollock rolled in zucchini with a sweet pepper coulis
- Spicy sausage with rouille sauce, and fish soup
- Slow-cooked fillet of fera (white Alpine lake fish) with crusty bread, mashed creamed Jerusalem artichoke and a licorice-flavored sauce
- Line-caught sea bass with roasted salsify root, bacon, mushrooms and a balsamic sauce
- Roasted pigeon thigh rillettes with truffle, duck liver and corn cream
- Rhubarb tart with yogurt sorbet
- Raspberry pannacotta
- Cinnamon-infused tarte tatin
This tour was very well organised,what we saw on our way and during our tour was stunning,this will always be a very sweet and memorable experience for me and my wife.
This tour is amazing! Chamonix is a lovely town and the snow moutains are fantastic! The views from Aiguille du midi and the amazing ice cave are definitely worth the visit! Highly recommend!