- Day trip from Geneva to the Montreux Christmas Markets
- Drive through the pretty Lake Geneva countryside
- Browse and buy gifts at the Christmas Markets in Montreux
- Take a guided tour of Château de Chillon, a stunning castle on Lake Geneva
- Transport by comfortable coach
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
You’ll then head to Château de Chillon, a beautiful castle with a dramatic position on Lake Geneva; the castle is one of Switzerland's most famous monuments. Enjoy a guided tour of the castle to learn more about its history, which dates back to the year 1005. The castle was made famous by a Lord Byron poem, The Prisoner of Chillon; Byron scratched his signature in the castle’s dungeon.
I participated this tour in late December. When I booked it, I was not sure if it was the best option because boat trip sounded nice, too. But this trip proved to be definitely better because it snowed on that day and boat trip was not possible. The guide was wonderful and I really enjoyed it.
A picturesque trip travelling from Geneva to Montreux by coach with the lake on one side and countryside on the other. Chillon Castle on the edge of the lake was most interesting. The Christmas Markets were busy and fun.