- Chamonix and Mont Blanc half-day tour from Geneva
- Enjoy a 90-minute drive through the Arve Valley to Chamonix
- Admire spectacular views of the Swiss, French and Italian Alps
- See Mont Blanc, the highest peak in both the Alps and Western Europe
- On a clear day, enjoy a view of the Matterhorn, the famous Swiss peak and icon of Switzerland
Recent Photos of this Tour
What You Can Expect
You’ll continue to Aiguille du Midi, a rocky peak near Mont Blanc with year-round snow. On a two-stage cable car, you’ll reach the mountain’s summit in just 20 minutes. Then, prepare to be awed by the spectacular panoramic views of the Chamonix Valley and the French, Swiss and Italian Alps! On a clear day, you may even see Mattherhorn, the famous Swiss peak and icon of Switzerland – it’s even found on packages of delicious Toblerone chocolate.
There are many terraces and balconies at the Aiguille du Midi summit, where you can enjoy the alpine views and watch skiers zooming down toward the glacier. There's also a cafe, where you can have a hot chocolate or enjoy a light snack (own expense) before returning back to Geneva with your driver-chauffeur.
It is worth the visit, 20 minutes ride on the cable car to over 3000m on Mont Blanc, scenery you thought you can only see in pictures. But be prepared to feel dizzy and out-of-breath. Return trip on cable car may force you to stay up for an hour or two up there. Previous complaints about unable to find the bus to return to Geneva, is no longer a problem, as the tour has obviously seen the comment and have been very informative about it.
A very Nice tour.