- Winter day trip from Geneva to Montreux
- Capture photos of the picturesque Lake Geneva countryside
- Enjoy a guided tour of Château de Chillon, an atmospheric castle on Lake Geneva that has drawn many famous visitors
- In December, shop for gifts at the Christmas market in Montreux
- If it's not holiday season, you'll instead take a short tour of Lausanne and have free time to discover Montreux on your own
What You Can Expect
Just outside Montreux, visit Château de Chillon, a medieval castle and fortress on Lake Geneva that is one of Switzerland's most famous landmarks. Take a 1-hour guided tour of the castle and learn about its history and the many artists and writers who have been inspired by it -- including Lord Byron -- who wrote a poem called 'The Prisoner of Chillon' and scratched his signature in the castle's dungeon.
If you visit in December, you'll spend the rest of your time at the grand Christmas market in Montreux. Get into the holiday spirit shopping for local crafts and sipping Swiss hot chocolate! In other months, you'll instead enjoy a short guided tour of the historically and culturally rich city of Lausanne on your way to Montreux and some free time to explore Montreux on your own. Amble along the flower promenade along Lake Geneva; see busts of famous jazz artists who have played at the famous Montreux Jazz Festival and the statue of Freddie Mercury; and shop high-end clothing and jewelry boutiques. Have lunch (own expense) at one of the many restaurants in town.
Your 8.5-hour relaxing winter getaway to Montreux concludes back in Geneva at around 6:30pm.