- Travel from Scotland's East to West in one day
- See the rugged natural beauty of the Scottish Highlands
- Hear historical tales of Clan rivalry from your expert guide
- Visit quaint Highland towns, castles and lochs on your small group tour
- Explore Oban, the seafood capital of Scotland and walk up McCaig's Tower
- Smaller group tour, with a maximum of 15 people, ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Pass the hauntingly beautiful ruins of Kilchum Castle on the shores of Loch Awe, and hear tales of the Campbell Clan who once claimed the land as a stronghold. Loch Awe also follows the Pass of Brander, where Robert the Bruce (Scotland's heroic King) fought many a fierce battle in bygone times.
Reaching the Victorian seaside town of Oban in the early afternoon, take the chance to sample the freshest seafood from the town named as the Scottish Seafood Capital! Walk off your lunch with a stroll over to McCaig's Tower, the magnificent granite folly which has dominated the town's skyline since 1895. Don't be put-off by the long climb to the top! You'll be rewarded by spectacular views across the sea to the Isle of Mull.
On the return route back to Glasgow, there will be a stop in Inverarary, a quaint village which lines the shores of Loch Fyne - characterized by it's pretty white-washed houses. Spend time at leisure and try some of the town's home-made sweets before heading back to Glasgow, passing Scottish countryside steeped in myth and legend.
I can't think of anything about this tour which wasn't of a high standard. From the tour guide Alexis to the fish and chips at Nories Fish Shop in Oban to the Highland scenery. Everything left a lasting impression and we were sorry that we didn't have more time to explore the West Highlands.
We love our tour guide she was very informative. Highly recomended.