- Private tour in Goa with an English-speaking guide
- Visit Ancestral Goa, a center for preserving art, culture and the environment located in a traditional village
- Admire Goa’s Portuguese-influenced architecture and learn about Hinduism at Shantadurga Temple and Mangueshi Temple
- Tour a spice village and plantation to learn about this important Indian product
- Enjoy an authentic Indian lunch and taste how the different spices are used in the region's cuisine
With your guide, walk around the village to witness age-old customs and practices such as brewing feni, a local spirit made from coconut or cashew fruit. Visit Casa Araujo, a 250-year-old well-preserved Portuguese mansion. Inside, see its curving stairway, the elevated entrance, the imposing doorway and lavish rooms such as the chapel, dining hall, offices and bedrooms.
Afterward, continue your tour to Shantadurga Temple, a complex constructed in 1738 AD. Admire the lush vegetation surrounding the temple and learn about its Indo-Portuguese structure as you explore inside. Notice the impressive facade, the vibrant colors of stained-glass windows and the palkhi, a golden palanquin on which the deity is carried on festive occasions.
Then, visit Mangueshi Temple, a 400-year-old temple dedicated to the goddess Shiva and noted for its beautiful pillars. Your guide will tell you about Hinduism and the temple’s important role in the community.
After touring the temples, drive to a nearby spice village, where you’ll be met by a professional biologist for an informative tour of the plantation and garden. Hear details about the herbs and discover their uses in medicine and cuisine. Then, make yourself comfortable around the table for a mouthwatering buffet lunch of authentic Indian cuisine. Test your newfound knowledge by tasting how the difference spices are used.
You’ll head back to your hotel in Goa in the evening.