Take a day trip to trendy Byron Bay and relax at a cafe, indulge in some retail therapy or spend time at the beach. You'll enjoy a scenic drive down the coast into New South Wales, and make plenty of entertaining stops along the way.
- Day trip from the Gold Coast to relaxed Byron Bay
- Go swimming at a beautiful Byron Bay beach
- Browse the boutiques and shops at Byron Bay
- Enjoy lunch at the Lotus cafe at the Crystal castle (If option selected)
- See Cape Byron Lighthouse, the most easterly lighthouse in Australia
- Picturesque drive through southern Queensland and northern New South Wales
- Enjoy a visit to Tropical Fruit World
What You Can Expect
Byron Bay is famous as the relaxed alternate lifestyle capital of Australia. First stop is the Byron bay lighthouse. Standing on a bald rocky cliff, this working lighthouse marks the eastern most point of the Australian continent. The lighthouse is situated three kilometres northeast of the township of Byron Bay.
Next, head to the township of Byron Bay. This trendy town has an international charm offering unique shopping, pristine beaches, market stalls, fun activities for every budget, a beachside Aussie pub and quality dining choices. Enjoy a stroll on the beach, put your feet up at a chic cafe or enjoy a delicious lunch (if option selected) in the Crystal Castle Lotus Cafe that overlooks the Byron hinterland and beautiful grounds of the Crystal Castle.
In the afternoon you'll stop into Tropical Fruit World, a fifth-generation family-run farm specializing in Australia's most exotic fruit. You're sure to enjoy one of the best fruit parfaits around after all, tropical fruit is what they do! View the largest variety of tropical fruit in the world. You'll also have the opportunity to wander the gardens and purchase natural products such as tea-tree and avocado oils and soaps.