Important! Please note we are currently sold out. Please check back soon for next year’s rates and availability
- Opera performance of The Magic Flute, staged outdoors on a Coolangatta Gold Coast beach
- Savor the rare experience of a night at the opera on the beach, with only three performances of this special production
- Enjoy Mozart's The Magic Flute, performed by Opera Australia's finest talent, backed by a chorus from local choirs
- Choose from three seating areas with different features to suit your needs
- Marvel at this world class opera performance in an amazing setting, with the ocean and stars for a backdrop!
What You Can Expect
This performance of The Magic Flute stars some of Opera Australia’s finest singers, accompanied by a chorus made up of singers from community choirs and the Gold Coast’s local Surf Life Saving clubs. It’s a uniquely Australian production of one of Mozart’s most popular operas!
Dress up or come in casual wear, keeping in mind that seating is on the sand and you'll be outdoors, subject to the evening’s weather conditions. The performance runs for a total of approximately 2 hours and 20 minutes, including a 30-minute intermission.
You have the choice of three different seating areas: Premium, A-Reserve, or B-Reserve. Premium Ticket Holders will receive a ticket to an exclusive Premium Bar located on the beach and open during intermission and after the show. A-Reserve and B-Reserve ticket holders will have access to one of three bars located in the area and open to the public, with a number of food and beverage options available. Cash only please; there are no ATMs in the venue.
A number of restaurants are located near the venue for pre- and post-show dining, and a barbecue and snack stand will be operating on site.
Opera on the Beach is presented by Opera Australia in partnership with the Bleach* Festival, City of The Gold Coast and Tourism & Events Queensland.