- Full-day tour to Byron Bay and Bangalow, from the Gold Coast
- Enjoy morning tea at the Bangalow Heritage House Museum near Byron Bay
- Visit the Cape Byron Light, the lighthouse located on Australia's easternmost point
- Look for turtles, dolphins and other wildlife during a coastal walk on the headlands
- Enjoy up to three hours of free time in Byron Bay to browse the shops, hit the beach and eat lunch
- Stop at the Rainforest World Heritage Centre to learn about the region’s five UNESCO World Heritage-listed rainforests
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people ensures a more personalized experience with your knowledgeable guide
What You Can Expect
Stop for morning tea at the Bangalow Heritage House Museum, near Byron Bay. Sit out on the wraparound veranda of the handsome 1920s building for your choice of scones, cake, coffee and tea. Afterward, browse the historic photography collection and stroll along the charming main street of Bangalow.
Next visit laid-back Byron Bay, a beautiful town with great shops, beaches and restaurants to explore over the course of 2–3 hours. Start by visiting the Cape Byron Light. Built in 1901, the lighthouse is situated on the easternmost point of the continent.
From the lighthouse, you can opt to walk back to town on a nearly 2-mile (3-km) coastal trail with spectacular views. The trail is well-groomed with some stairs and takes about 30-40 minutes to walk. Alternatively, hop back in the minivan to return to the center.
When you get back to town, swim, snorkel, shop and eat lunch at a restaurant or cafe (own expense). If you want to swim in the ocean, consider bringing your snorkel gear, or renting from local shops (own expense), to kick around. Whether you’re in the water or on the beach, be on the lookout for turtles, stingrays and dolphins just offshore!
After you've experienced Byron Bay, rejoin your guide for the drive north, winding through the picturesque Tweed and Currumbin valleys. Mt Warning and Tomewin’s sugar cane plantations are among the scenic highlights along the way. Enjoy a break from the road at the Rainforest World Heritage Centre in Murwillumbah to check out interactive displays about the region’s five UNESCO World Heritage-listed rainforests.
Return to your Gold Coast hotel in the late afternoon to end your tour.