- Private Las Palmas shore excursion to Teror and Bandama Caldera
- Spend a day discovering Gran Canaria’s history, culture and natural landmarks
- Explore the traditional village of Teror on a walking tour and see Basilica de la Virgen del Pino
- Enjoy a wine- and cheese-tasting session in a wine cellar near the caldera
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
What You Can Expect
In the afternoon, hit the highway and travel to Bandama Caldera. The 4,000-year-old volcanic crater measures some 656-feet 200-meters deep and is covered in volcanic ash as well some interesting species of Gran Canaria plants. Enjoy some free time to take photos of the impressive natural feature and maybe enjoy a coffee at a nearby golf course.
Before returning to the Port of Las Palmas, call in at a local wine cellar near the caldera. Enjoy a tasting of local red and white wine alongside a selection of artisan cheese. After learning about wine production in Gran Canaria and the mineral-rich volcanic soil, return to your minivan, and then finish you day with a drop-off at the port.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Las Palmas for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call.If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
The sites were breathtaking and our guide was terrific!
Our guide, Fran, provided an outstanding tour. Despite the fact that it was a bank holiday and many places were closed, he found wonderful alternatives for us. He was extremely knowledgeable. Although his accent was sometimes hard to understand, he would patiently repeat the information until we all understood his explanations.