- Half-day northern Gran Canaria tour from Las Palmas
- Visit the captivating Canaria village of Teror for a walking tour
- See the Baroque Basilica de la Virgen del Pino with a guide
- Explore the city of Arucas and visit a local rum distillery and banana farm
- Discover hundreds of tropical plants and flowers at the Botanical Garden of the Canaries
What You Can Expect
From Teror, travel to the elegant city of Arucas. See the Neo-Gothic church of Iglesia de San Juan with its Gaudi-esque spires as well as cultural sights such as the local rum distillery and banana farm. After admiring some of the sights and learning about the town’s history and culture, continue to the Botanical Garden of the Canaries (Jardín Botánico Canario Viera y Clavijo), a place named in honor of the famous Spanish cleric José Viera y Clavijo.
Head inside to explore the herbaceous gardens and beds of rare and colorful plants with your guide. Covering an area of more than 27 acres (11 hectares), the site is one of the largest botanical gardens in Spain. Up to 500 tropical plants from the islands as well as various other species from around the world can be found within the site, and your guide will point out the most interesting varieties.
After browsing the vibrant array of flowers and plants, return to your minivan, and then finish your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.