- 2-hour private paella-cooking class in Granada
- Learn how to make Spain’s signature dish from a top chef
- Assist your chef with the preparation and cooking of a classic chicken- and vegetable-based paella
- Eat your creation and relax with a drink and dessert
- Take a copy of your paella recipe at the end of your class
What You Can Expect
Originating in Valencia around the time of the Moorish invasion, the dish has grown tenfold in its global popularity, but is still very much a regional dish in Spain -- with different ingredients and methods used in different areas of the country. During your class, make one of the most classic paellas (often served in Granada) with chicken, vegetables, short-grained rice, stock and, of course, saffron -- the spice that gives paella its opulent golden tone.
As your chef talks you through the ingredients, get stuck in and help peel, chop, mix and cook! Learn how to caramelize the meat perfectly, and how to control the heat source under the large flat-bottomed paellera pan so the rice cooks evenly. Like all authentic paellas, your dish isn’t quick to cook, so after roughly an hour of stirring and simmering, your creation will be ready to eat.
Sit down with your chef to savor the fruits of your labor, and relax with a drink and dessert. At the end of your 2-hour session, take a written copy of the recipe so you can impress friends and family back home!