Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- 2.5-hour tapas and history tour of the Albaicin neighborhood in Granada
- Explore the historical Moorish neighborhood with an expert local guide
- Visit three top Granada tapas bars and enjoy small plates of delicacies such as Spanish omelet or chorizo
- Enjoy a glass of wine, draught beer or a soft drink in each tapas bar
- Learn about Albaicin’s Moorish origins while seeing Plaza Nueva, Santa Ana Church and Mirador San Nicolás
- Small-group tapas tour with a maximum of 12 people ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
The exact itinerary will be decided on the day of your tour by your guide; however you will definitely visit at least three of Granada’s best tapas bars to feast on small plates of specialties like classic paella and Spanish omelet (may vary depending on availability). Alongside the food, savor wine, draught beer or soft drinks (one glass in each bar) and enjoy tapas just as the Spanish do!
On your way from bar to bar, your guide will point out some of Granada’s top historical sights, too. Learn of Granada when it ruled by the Moors (Spain’s bygone Muslims) on a stroll past Plaza Nueva and the Royal Chancery of Granada; see where the city’s present-day Muslims hang out at Calderería Vieja, a bustling street lined with tea houses; and hear of local Muslim prayer traditions on a visit to the Church of San José (outside only) .
Marvel at the Mudejar-style architecture of Santa Ana Church, and admire views of the UNESCO-listed Alhambra palace complex and mountains of Sierra Nevada from Mirador San Nicolás. Look out for the cármenes (grand houses) and Arabic cisterns that typify the streets of Albaicin, and learn all about the changes to the neighborhood since the days of the Moors.
After 2.5 hours exploring the area and its beloved tapas bars, walk back to the start point where your tour finishes.