- 2-hour private tour of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Alhambra at night
- See the sun set over Granada from La Sabica Hill
- Explore the Nasrid Palaces and learn of the extravagant sultans who once lived there
- Tour the Palace of Charles V and admire its distinctive Renaissance architecture
- Walk through the Court of the Lions and enjoy stunning views from Lindaraja
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your centrally located Granada hotel
Perched high up on La Sabica Hill overlooking Granada, Alhambra is a fortress, palace and ancient city, all rolled into one. Built in the 10th century, the complex has been home to a succession of sultans, kings and emirs, giving the site a diverse heritage that’s fascinating to discover.
Starting at the Alhambra Atrium, follow your guide along a passageway, passing the Water Tower before arriving at the Palace of Charles V. Built in the 1500s as a later Alhambra addition, the palace is a classic example of Spanish Renaissance architecture, standing in stark contrast to the Moorish buildings that surround it. Walk around, listening to anecdotes from your guide about the colorful emperor, Charles V, who commissioned the palace to be built during his travels.
Continue to the Nasrid Palaces, a set of magnificent Moorish buildings that you’ll admire in all their illuminated glory. Split into three distinct palaces – Mexuar, Serello and Harem – the buildings contain elaborate function rooms and opulent Islamic art. Look out at the night sky from the windows of Mexuar Palace and learn about the extravagant lives of the emirs and sultans who lived here.
Stroll over to the Palace of Comares, often considered the most important Alhambra palace, and learn all about Yusef I – the sultan with a taste for the high life! Pass through the Court of the Lions and the Hall of Two Sisters – hearing their history from your guide – and then finish your walking tour by the Lindaraja viewpoint, where you’ll take in nighttime views of Granada before returning to your hotel.