- 2.5-hour Alhambra and Generalife Gardens walking tour
- Visit Alcazaba Fortress, the Nasrid Palaces and the Palace of Charles V
- Learn about the sultans and Moorish kings who once made Alhambra their home
- Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site at a leisurely pace with your expert local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from your centrally located Granada hotel included
- Secure your Alhambra ticket and jump the queues on this half-day trip
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Fountain at the Generalife ...Photo by: Anonymous
- The Generalife GardensPhoto by: Anonymous
- Jardins de GrenadePhoto by: Dominique D
- View from the GeneralifePhoto by: Sylvie D
- AlhambraPhoto by: Alan S
USA, 07 2015
- Alhambra at sunset as seen ...Photo by: mkeren
USA, 07 2015
- The alhambraPhoto by: mkeren
USA, 07 2015
- What a view!Photo by: Neal P
- Neverending beautiful sights!Photo by: Neal P
- Wedding photos!Photo by: Neal P
- Attention to detail!Photo by: Neal P
- Beautiful flowers ...Photo by: Neal P
- What a View!Photo by: Neal P
- One of many beautiful areas!Photo by: Neal P
- PatioPhoto by: Sergio Rogelio Q
- JardinesPhoto by: Sergio Rogelio Q
- Patio de los Leones AlhambraPhoto by: Sergio Rogelio Q
- Vista desde la AlhambraPhoto by: Sergio Rogelio Q
- Do not miss this tour!Photo by: Tamara H
- Hall of LionsPhoto by: Hotchand S
What You Can Expect
Skip past the long entrance lines with your priority access ticket and walk around inside with your guide, hearing all the history of this fascinating site. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Alhambra is a treasure trove of Moorish architecture and you’ll see several of its wonders as you tour its highlights. Admire decadent rooms inside the Nasrid Palaces like the Hall of Ambassadors (Salón de los Embajadores) and Myrtle Courtyard (Patio of los Arrayanes), and marvel at the architecture of Pedro Machuca at the Palace of Charles V.
Step inside the Hall of Abencerrajes to gaze up at its star-shaped domed ceiling, and hear the tale of the massacre that took place here during a 15th century banquet. You’ll also see Alhambra’s Royal Baths; plainly decorated, not ornate, in line with the belief that bathing was a religious requirement not a luxury.
After exploring the palaces, head to the Generalife Gardens to discover where the sultans and Moorish kings of bygone days once relaxed. Featuring abundant flora and distinctive water features, the gardens also comprise two further courtyards, which you’ll see, the Patio de la Acequia and the Patio de la Sultana.
At the end of your 2.5-hour Alhambra tour, your guide will drop you back at your Granada hotel by minibus.
Our tour guide, Antonio, was phenomenal. Extrmely knowledgeable and friendly. The tour itself could be better organized prior to the start though- bus showed up for pickup 20 min late, followed by more waiting around for tickets to be issued. Yet, an overall great experience.
Outstanding tour from our charming guide Guillermo. His gentle, balanced and informed narrative was a delight.
Our guide Gus was great - very knowledgeable and humorous with a passion for the Alhambra. He really added a lot to our experience of touring the Alhambra - without him it would just be some pretty, old buildings with no context. His guidance added a lot more meaning and understanding and made the. Is it more enjoyable and meaningful. Highly recommended.
Gus our tour guide was great
Great tour with a very good guide Maria. Recommend this tour as without a guide you have no idea at what you are looking at and the details of each section
I could have not chosen better. On my own, I would have seen less in Alhambra, as the territory is so big and there are many distortions. Victor has paced the tour and the flow of information in a very smart way. He was extremely attentive to all members of our big group, quite knowledgeable and very friendly. Excellent!
This tour was amazing! we Highly recommend it for La Alhambra and worth every penny!
Guillermo was an excellent and sympathetic guide. He was well informed, charming and sensitive to the needs of the group. He was very informative and humorous and provided a wonderful tour.
Arrangements ahead of the tour were efficient and friendly.
We were picked up at our hotel in s timely manner and tour of thr Alhambra and Generalife Gardens was very thorough and interesting.
Very well organised picked up and dropped off at hotel! Our tour guide, Victor, was excellent, and painted a vivid picture of life in the Alhambra centuries ago!