Book and save 10% compared to the local supplier's prices!
- 45-minute exhilarating flight out of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona
- State-of-the-art ECO-Star helicopter with luxurious comfort and wraparound windows
- Fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest
- Views of the Painted Desert and Desert View Watchtower
- See Marble Canyon and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim
- Travel through the Dragon Corridor - the widest and deepest section of the Grand Canyon
Recent Photos of This Tour
- What a ThrillPhoto by: Anita R
- Us with FelixPhoto by: Catherine F
- ReadyPhoto by: Catherine F
- IncrediblePhoto by: Catherine F
- FelixPhoto by: Catherine F
- BeautifulPhoto by: Catherine F
- Jake was a Jake Guy!Photo by: James A T
- Our CohortsPhoto by: James A T
- Were There!Photo by: James A T
- The guy who gets us off the ...Photo by: James A T
- Grand Canyon Helicopter TourPhoto by: Sherry A
- Perfect day and a Perfect ...Photo by: Karen M
- Retour Grand CanyonPhoto by: Ludovic H
- Great view over the Grand ...Photo by: Norman H
- Fire at North RimPhoto by: Stephanie B
- Our Wings To HeavenPhoto by: Stephanie B
- Best timePhoto by: Stephanie B
- This isn't a drop in the ...Photo by: Stephanie B
- grand canyonPhoto by: Antoine L
- and quot;My name is Captain ...Photo by: Karen K
What You Can Expect
Enjoy the fantastic views of the Canyon as you fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest, which borders both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. The Kaibab National Forest is home to the world’s largest ponderosa pines.
Upon reaching the edge of the canyon, the South Rim gently drops away as the North Rim and east end of the canyon come into view – this is definitely one of the greatest views of the Grand Canyon.
You will continue your journey as you follow the Colorado River upstream viewing at a distance the 146-square mile Painted Desert and the 70-foot (21-meter) Desert View Watchtower, a National Historic Landmark. The Desert View Watchtower features an observation deck from which visitors to the national park can view eastern portions of the Grand Canyon.
Next, view Marble Canyon, the section of the Colorado River which marks the beginning of the Grand Canyon, and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim at 8,803 feet (2,683 meters). Point Imperial overlooks the Painted Desert and the eastern end of Grand Canyon. You will fly through the Canyon above the North Rim heading south through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Canyon.
At the end of your helicopter flight, you will cross over the Colorado River and fly over the South Rim and the Kaibab National Forest to land.
Please note: The listed price does not include a USD$15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
Riding over the Grand Canyon was on our bucket list. It was amazing. It was really windy that day so it added to the adventure. Our pilot, River, was great. The views were so gorgeous and colors outstanding. No way to describe this helicopter ride.. It was our first.
Awesome experience. Everyone was helpfull and courteous. I would highly recommend this to anyone. Thank you for making our vacation memorable !!!
Keith and Susan Wilkes Brunswick, Maine
Heather Wilkes San Diego, Ca
Efficient check-in, professional pilot always comforting and entertaining with it. Wonderful panoramic views of the Canyon, with intelligent and interesting commentary. Definitely great value. Lots we would not have seen if we had not booked the trip. Much better than doing it from Vegas.
Took the kids on this tour and they had a blast. The guide was very friendly and knowledgeable. I highly recommend the longer tour because you do spend several minutes traveling to and from the canyon rim.
Great pilot great experience highly recommend
A great way to see the Canyon and skip all the lines.
Experience of a lifetime!
This is a great trip. The background music was nice, and the pilot Rivers provided a lot of information about the canyon and surrounding area. And the views of the grand canyon are unforgettable.
Well worth the money.
I perviously reviewed our helo trip but Viator has sent another review request. In short, helo is the only way to fully experience the Grand Canyon. Standing on the rim doesn't do it justice. If you are limited to just the South Rim be sure to go to the Yavapai Geological Museum. You will miss the crowds, breathtaking views, and wonderful exhibits of the Canyon geology. Still you can't miss the helo. Our pilot, Justin, was superb. The helicopters that the company flies are new, state of the art and beautifully maintained. Be sure to buy the DVD of your flight--worth every penny.
$283.99 Save $28.00