- 45-minute exhilarating flight out of the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in Tusayan, Arizona
- State-of-the-art ECO-Star helicopter with luxurious comfort and wraparound windows
- Fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest
- Views of the Painted Desert and Desert View Watchtower
- See Marble Canyon and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim
- Travel through the Dragon Corridor - the widest and deepest section of the Grand Canyon
Recent Photos of This Tour
- Us with FelixPhoto by: Catherine F
- ReadyPhoto by: Catherine F
- IncrediblePhoto by: Catherine F
- FelixPhoto by: Catherine F
- BeautifulPhoto by: Catherine F
- Jake was a Jake Guy!Photo by: James A T
- Our CohortsPhoto by: James A T
- Were There!Photo by: James A T
- The guy who gets us off the ...Photo by: James A T
- Grand Canyon Helicopter TourPhoto by: Sherry A
- Perfect day and a Perfect ...Photo by: Karen M
- Retour Grand CanyonPhoto by: Ludovic H
- Great view over the Grand ...Photo by: Norman H
- Fire at North RimPhoto by: Stephanie B
- Our Wings To HeavenPhoto by: Stephanie B
- Best timePhoto by: Stephanie B
- This isn't a drop in the ...Photo by: Stephanie B
- grand canyonPhoto by: Antoine L
- and quot;My name is Captain ...Photo by: Karen K
- No. 1 on the Bucket List!Photo by: Karen K
What You Can Expect
Enjoy the fantastic views of the Canyon as you fly over the 1.6 million-acre (6,500 km²) Kaibab National Forest, which borders both the north and south rims of the Grand Canyon. The Kaibab National Forest is home to the world’s largest ponderosa pines.
Upon reaching the edge of the canyon, the South Rim gently drops away as the North Rim and east end of the canyon come into view – this is definitely one of the greatest views of the Grand Canyon.
You will continue your journey as you follow the Colorado River upstream viewing at a distance the 146-square mile Painted Desert and the 70-foot (21-meter) Desert View Watchtower, a National Historic Landmark. The Desert View Watchtower features an observation deck from which visitors to the national park can view eastern portions of the Grand Canyon.
Next, view Marble Canyon, the section of the Colorado River which marks the beginning of the Grand Canyon, and Point Imperial, the highest point on the North Rim at 8,803 feet (2,683 meters). Point Imperial overlooks the Painted Desert and the eastern end of Grand Canyon. You will fly through the Canyon above the North Rim heading south through the Dragon Corridor, the widest and deepest section of the Canyon.
At the end of your helicopter flight, you will cross over the Colorado River and fly over the South Rim and the Kaibab National Forest to land.
Please note: The listed price does not include a USD$15 per person fuel surcharge, payable at the time of tour check-in. Per FAA regulations, all passengers 18 years and older will be required to show photo ID such as a driver's license or passport at the time of check-in.
The helicopter company did an amazing job from start to finish ensuring that our experience was unforgettable! The Pilot was skilled and knowledgeable giving us insights into the geology and history of the Canyon and the ground staff friendly and accommodating. Would do it again in a heartbeat. After walking the South Rim for a few days it really gave us a different perspective. Was able to get some amazing pics too!
Excellent and informative pilot and beautiful ride over the Grand Canyon.
From the time of check in to the final landing, the most professional, knowledgeable staff. Excellent ground and air crew, friendly and engaging. Location was easy to find and trip was exactly as described. Highly recommend Maverick helicopter tour to anyone wanting a breath taking view of the Grand Canyon
Fabulous experience. Pilot was professional and informative. Felt very comfortable with entire trip. Views were spectacular.
The canyon has to be seen from above to appreciate it.
The rims views are spectacular.
The helicopter views are beyond description.
Jon from San Diego
Great pilot, smooth ride beautiful views!
The flight was terrific, as was the pilot Greg
Quite the view! but, you still have to see it from the lookout points from both ends of Grand Canyon village.
Fantastic experience. Pilot was excellent. Smooth ride and great views. Great music while we rode.
This helicopter tour over the rand Canyon was on our bucket list. We have decided to not cross it off and do it again. The flight was awesome. Brett the pilot was great and had a lot of information about the Grand Canyon and landmarks in the Canyon. Highly, highly recommend.