- Half-day private tour of Kos Island
- Visit the ancient ruins of Asklepieion, the island’s famous archeological site
- Soak up gorgeous panoramic views of Kos from the mountain village of Zia
- Sample Kos wine at a family-run winery in the hills
- Stop for photos under the Tree of Hippocrates, where the ancient doctor famously taught his students
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
I visited these places on my first trip to Greece, and the serene atmosphere and brightly colored houses of Zia village are standout memories! Having a private (and knowledgeable) guide will help you to understand the history behind Kos' stunning sights such as the Hippocrates Tree.
What You Can Expect
Hop back aboard your minivan and travel further inland to the village of Zia on Dikaion Mountain. Enjoy some time at leisure to soak up panoramic views of Kos Island, and explore the shops. The village is popular with local artists and craftspeople so browse their boutiques for pretty keepsakes of Kos to take home.
Meet your guide and travel onward to a local vineyard, nestled in the heart of Kos’ most fertile land. The family-run winery boasts some of the finest local varieties of red and green grapes, such as malagousia and assyrtiko. Sample a few glasses of the estate’s red and white wine while learning about the region’s winemaking history.
After relaxing in the sun, sipping on fine wine and chatting with your guide, return to your minivan and travel to the Tree of Hippocrates near Kos’ ancient fortress – Castle Neratzia. Some 2,500 years ago, Hippocrates was said to have taught medicine to his students under the famous plane tree. Pose for photos, and then finish your tour with a drop-off at your hotel.