- Half-day private tour of Kos Island including Zia, Pyli and Antimacheia
- Spend free time at Zia, a traditional Greek village on Dikaion Mountain
- Visit a family-run winery for a wine-tasting session, sampling the local wine
- Explore the ancient village of Pyli with its handsome stone houses and vibrant flowerbeds
- Stop for photos by the 14th-century Castle of Antimacheia and the Tree of Hippocrates
- Enjoy personalized attention from a private guide
Why Our Insiders Chose This Tour
If – like me – you suffer from beach fatigue on vacation, take a day trip and discover Kos' village culture and heritage, instead! You’ll visit small artisan shops as well as a family-run winery, and chat with friendly locals about their work and passions.
What You Can Expect
Meet your guide and travel onward to a local vineyard, nestled in the heart of Kos’ fertile plains. The family-run winery boasts some of the finest local varieties of red and green grapes like malagouzia and asyritiko. Sample a few glasses of the estate’s red and white wine alongside snacks such as bread, local cheese and salami.
After relaxing in the sun, sipping on fine wine and chatting with your guide about the region’s winemaking history, travel to the ancient village of Pyli, popular for its colorful flower gardens and magnificent crusader castle ruins. See the village’s highlights on a leisurely paced stroll, admiring its stone houses – wreathed in tresses of tumbling bougainvillaea – while learning about its ancient ruins.
Hop back aboard your minivan, travel through the lively party resort of Kardamena, and then stop to admire the Castle of Antimacheia, a well-preserved 14th-century fortress, as well as a beautiful old windmill. Pose for photos while learning about the monuments, and then continue to your last visit of the day – the Tree of Hippocrates. Some 2,500 years ago, Hippocrates was said to have taught medicine to his students under the famous plane tree. Stretch your legs on a walk around, and then finish with a drop-off at your Kos hotel.