- 5-hour tour to Chapala and Ajijic from Guadalajara
- Ride a boat across Lake Chapala to secluded Scorpion Island
- Admire lovely views of the lake from the mountain village of Ajijic
- Enjoy free time to explore the town's boutiques or restaurants
- Hotel pickup and drop-off by air-conditioned minivan included
- Small-group tour limited to 13 ensures a more personalized experience
What You Can Expect
Enjoyable, but watch out for the mosquitos on scorpion island. Bring pesos for lunch.
Although the tour itself was recommended, the guide/driver spent too much time on his cell phone while driving. I'm a person who's convinced that cell phone usage while driving increases the risk of accidents. No accidents occurred during my tour, but I would have preferred if Viator had a policy that guides who also serve as drivers should not use their cell phones while driving.
Just okay. Not one of the best tours we have done. Lake Chapala is really low and there are smells. The island that you visit is very expensive.
Lake was very dirty there was debris link plastic bottles floating everywhere and the water just look horrible.
All we could think about is what disease could we catch if any of the water hit us or if the boat tipped over.
Also, the we got stuck in the 1st 10 minutes out due to fishing line or some sort of net got caught in the motors propeller. The boat owner did not have any tools to fit it so he did it by hand which took about 15 minutes. After he got it loose we asked to be returned immediately. The travel time from where we were staying was too long for this tour. Our Travel Guide Ricardo was great, he did take us for a walk and drive showing us other parts.