- Full-day trip to Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve and Monteverde Butterfly Garden from Guancaste
- Take a 2-hour canopy tour along eight suspension bridges in the fog-laden forest
- Hear and see extraordinary wildlife including a variety of tropical birds
- Visit the controlled-climate butterfly garden and medicinal plant garden
- Learn about insects, arachnids and leaf cutter ants in the biodiversity center
- Round-trip transport, lunch and entrance fees included
What You Can Expect
Viator always provides a first rate experience. They pick you up at your hotel and contract with the top local tour companies so the trip is flawless. Our trip to the cloud forest was amazing with a knowledgeable guide. In addition, we saw the hummingbird and butterfly gardens. And the bonus, on the way home in the van our guide spotted two toucans at the top of the tree -- not an easy find in Costa Rica regardless of what the tourist information says. My advice -- before you go somewhere, just book your trip with Viator online and they will get it done for you the right way. It beats the time consuming process of talking to all of the tour agencies once you get to your destination.
Our tour guide and driver were both VERY nice and friendly. They took great care of us. We went on a day where the sky was clear so we didn't see a lot of clouds, but instead we were able to see a lot of animals and insects instead. The drive to Monteverde was very bumpy so just expect that on the way. The butterfly garden was VERY interesting to see. They also showed us some insects that live in the Cloud Forest as well and told us interesting facts about each one of them. We also got to release new butterflies as well which was really nice.