- 16-hour tour of Nicaraguan attractions from Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- See Apoyo Lagoon and Mombacho Volcano from Catarina viewpoint
- Visit El Mercado de Artesanías (the craft market) in Catarina
- Visit San Juan del Sur
- Take a ‘volanta’ (horse-drawn carriage) along cobblestone streets in Granada
- Learn about Nicaragua’s unique geology, culture and colonial history
- Typical Costa Rican breakfast and Nicaraguan lunch included
What You Can Expect
Note: this tour only visits San Juan del Sur on Wednesday and Saturday. Other days will only visit Catarina and Granada
Amazing tour, in large part due to the personality and knowledge of our guide, David. The country is beautiful and we made stops including a boat tour of Lake Nicaragua, walking through Granada, and a view of the volcano. We picked up four people who had started the tour a couple of days earlier and spent nights in Granada, then continued on to conclude the tour with our group. I strongly encourage people who have the opportunity to take advantage of this option, since Granada is beautiful and offers many things to do and see if you extend your stay. I was amazed by the enormous energy windmill field that we passed when entering and exiting Nicaragua. Overall, this was a wonderful tour and well spent excursion, in large part due to the additional information offered by David. Thank you!
It was a long day, but so well worth it! The tour guide did a great job, especially getting us through border control seemlessly. The bus was comfortable, the sights were beautiful. The lunch was awesome, exceeded expectations for sure. We always felt safe and well taken care of by the drivers and guide. The carriage ride thru Granada was the highlight. The views from San Juan Del Sur's Christ statue were spectacular. Through out the entire day, we saw so much, yet never felt rushed.