- 16-hour tour of Nicaraguan attractions from Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- See Apoyo Lagoon and Mombacho Volcano from Catarina viewpoint
- Visit El Mercado de Artesanías (the craft market) in Catarina
- Visit San Juan del Sur
- Take a ‘volanta’ (horse-drawn carriage) along cobblestone streets in Granada
- Learn about Nicaragua’s unique geology, culture and colonial history
- Typical Costa Rican breakfast and Nicaraguan lunch included
What You Can Expect
Note: this tour only visits San Juan del Sur on Wednesday and Saturday. Other days will only visit Catarina and Granada
Really great experience going to Nicaragua. I took two kids and felt very safe. Harold, our guide was knowledgeable about the country. Viewpoint from Catarina was beautiful. Taking a boat ride in Lake Nicaragua was fun and we got to feed monkeys. We enjoyed going to the volcano in Masaya National Park. We did not ride in a carriage in Granada or go to to San Juan del Sur. I agree with one of the other reviewers that the description did not fit what we did. However, we did go to Granada and go inside a church that was getting ready for the Easter holiday and it was beautiful. We walked around the square. Really enjoyed this tour.
Excellent day trip! The guide and driver made the border crossing very smooth. We learned some great details about Nicaragua and now want to visit again for a longer stay. The volcanoes were awe inspiring and the boat trip was very relaxing. Breakfast wasn't anything special, but lunch was delicious! My only qualm was that we were quite rushed at the market, but the tour was great other than that!