- 16-hour tour of Nicaraguan attractions from Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- See Apoyo Lagoon and Mombacho Volcano from Catarina viewpoint
- Visit El Mercado de Artesanías (the craft market) in Catarina
- Visit San Juan del Sur
- Take a ‘volanta’ (horse-drawn carriage) along cobblestone streets in Granada
- Learn about Nicaragua’s unique geology, culture and colonial history
- Typical Costa Rican breakfast and Nicaraguan lunch included
What You Can Expect
Note: this tour only visits San Juan del Sur on Wednesday and Saturday. Other days will only visit Catarina and Granada
It was a long day, but so well worth it! The tour guide did a great job, especially getting us through border control seemlessly. The bus was comfortable, the sights were beautiful. The lunch was awesome, exceeded expectations for sure. We always felt safe and well taken care of by the drivers and guide. The carriage ride thru Granada was the highlight. The views from San Juan Del Sur's Christ statue were spectacular. Through out the entire day, we saw so much, yet never felt rushed.
This was a trip that quite honestly nobody wanted my son and I to go on because they were afraid that it was dangerous for us to go to Nicaragua, but I must say I am glad I went ahead anyway and did it because it was the highlight of our trip. Nicaragua was a beautiful country filled with lots of old beautiful buildings and historically has a lot for you to see and enjoy. We never felt unsafe or afraid to walk around even by ourselves and not with the group. It is definitely a place that you should see if you get the opportunity because it's very close and definitely worth the money. Hopefully you will be as lucky as we were to have marc as your tour guide. He was very personable and knowledgeable about not only Nicaragua but Costa Rica as well. We learned a lot of both of these countries history from him. Make sure you bring your cameras because there is so much that you will want to capture and share with everyone when you go home.