- 16-hour tour of Nicaraguan attractions from Guanacaste, Costa Rica
- See Apoyo Lagoon and Mombacho Volcano from Catarina viewpoint
- Visit El Mercado de Artesanías (the craft market) in Catarina
- Visit San Juan del Sur
- Take a ‘volanta’ (horse-drawn carriage) along cobblestone streets in Granada
- Learn about Nicaragua’s unique geology, culture and colonial history
- Typical Costa Rican breakfast and Nicaraguan lunch included
What You Can Expect
Note: this tour only visits San Juan del Sur on Wednesday and Saturday. Other days will only visit Catarina and Granada
Excellent day trip! The guide and driver made the border crossing very smooth. We learned some great details about Nicaragua and now want to visit again for a longer stay. The volcanoes were awe inspiring and the boat trip was very relaxing. Breakfast wasn't anything special, but lunch was delicious! My only qualm was that we were quite rushed at the market, but the tour was great other than that!
Amazing tour, in large part due to the personality and knowledge of our guide, David. The country is beautiful and we made stops including a boat tour of Lake Nicaragua, walking through Granada, and a view of the volcano. We picked up four people who had started the tour a couple of days earlier and spent nights in Granada, then continued on to conclude the tour with our group. I strongly encourage people who have the opportunity to take advantage of this option, since Granada is beautiful and offers many things to do and see if you extend your stay. I was amazed by the enormous energy windmill field that we passed when entering and exiting Nicaragua. Overall, this was a wonderful tour and well spent excursion, in large part due to the additional information offered by David. Thank you!