- Comprehensive Guangzhou sightseeing tour with a private local guide
- Visit Chen Clan Temple to see the Guangdong Folk Art Museum
- Venture to the royal tomb at the Mausoleum of the Nanyue King and find evidence of the ancient city
- View enormous Buddhist statues and the Flower Pagoda at Six Banyan Temple
- Admire western architectural influences on Shamian Island
- Enjoy a traditional Cantonese lunch at a local restaurant
- Round-trip hotel transport by comfortable private vehicle included
Recent Photos of This Tour
What You Can Expect
The tour was outstanding. Our driver called us at our hotel the night before the tour to arrange the start time. Our guide and driver picked us up promptly at the agreed-on time. Our guide spoke English very well, had grown up in the area, and gave us an excellent description of each of our stops. We stopped at a Buddhist Temple first. It happened to be the first day of the Lunar Month and there was a lot of activity there. We made two other stops before lunch. Both were very interesting and our guide told us about the history and customs at each stop. The lunch was excellent - very nice restaurant, very good food, and great service. We made three stops after lunch, including "Chinatown in China", as our guide joked. It was a great shopping district where the streets were closed off to traffic. The driver was excellent and the mini van was air-conditioned and very comfortable. It was a very educational, lively, and thoroughly enjoyable tour. I stongly recommend it. Guangzhou is large (17 million people) and would be extremely difficult to get around in without a good knowledge of the City. The tour made for a great day.
We only had 1 full day in the city so I convinced my husband that we should book this trip. It was definatly worth it. We were picked up from the hotel by our guide. Jack spoke fantastic English and was extremely knowledgable in the city and it's history. We saw lots of interesting things. The old kings buriel place was very interesting.
We had a lovely lunch and dropped off at the end of the day. It was a little expensive but we had a driver and a guide exclusively to ourselves for 6 hours. It was worth it. We thoroughly enjoyed it.