- Day trip to Shenzhen's Splendid China Folk Village from Guangzhou with a private guide
- Hear about Shenzhen's transformation from fishing village to boom town thanks to its SEZ status
- Visit Splendid China Miniature Park and see model replicas of legendary China landmarks like the Great Wall of China
- Explore China Folk Cultural Village and walk around ‘villages’ that represent each of China’s main 56 ethnic groups
- Discover the crafts and cuisines that belong to China’s different ethnic groups
- Learn about China’s history and culture with personalized attention from your private guide
What You Can Expect
Swing past Shenzhen's sleek high-rise buildings as you enter the city, and then head inside Splendid China Folk Village – an acclaimed cultural center that comprises two sites: Splendid China Miniature Park and China Folk Cultural Village. Start with a visit to the miniature park, and see human-sized replicas of China’s iconic landmarks, from the Great Wall of China to the Forbidden City. Hear the history of the landmarks while walking around and make the most of personalized attention from your guide; learn about Chinese art, architecture, culture and customs, or anything else that grabs your attention as you explore!
Stop for lunch in the park, and then head inside China Folk Cultural Village and get to know about the different people of China. Some 56 ethnic groups are united in the country, and the site exhibits examples of their different cultures (architecture, cuisine, crafts and festivals) with replicas of their typical villages. Explore sites like Gao Shan Village to learn about the Gao Shan’s mountainous farming communities, or visit Zhuang Village to see their community’s skillful weaving and embroidery work. As you walk around, browse the villages for handicrafts to take home, or sample some of the local snacks that are on offer.
After spending roughly five hours at Shenzhen's Splendid China Folk Village, leave Shenzhen and travel north back to Guangzhou. Your tour ends at your hotel in the early evening.