- 4-hour Guangzhou walking tour with a private guide
- Explore Yuexiu Park and walk around the ruins of the old Ming Dynasty city wall
- Pose for photos in front of Zhenhai Tower, and discover the highs and lows of its 2,000-year history
- Hear little-known tales about Guangzhou’s five-ram legend as you visit the Temple Of The Five Immortals
- Stroll down Shang Xiajiu Road in the city’s Xi Guan neighborhood and learn about the buildings’ Qilou architecture
- Enjoy personalized attention from a knowledgeable private guide
What You Can Expect
As Guangzhou’s largest downtown park, Yuexiu is a vast site, covering some 213 acres (86 hectares) with three artificial lakes, a mountain, plus countless cultural relics. Knowing the best places to see can be difficult, so let your private guide introduce you to Yuexiu’s highlights while exploring on foot.
Pass along the remnants of the old Ming Dynasty city wall, and see Zhenhai Tower – an iconic city landmark. Hear the history of this elegant, 14th-century pagoda, and learn about the Ming Dynasty who ordered the tower to be built -- reputedly to subdue an omen about the new emperor. After been destroyed and rebuilt five times, the tower has become an important city museum, documenting Guangzhou’s rich history over 2,000 years. Take a look inside, and learn more about this fascinating city as you explore with your guide.
Another of Yuexiu’s star attractions is the Temple Of The Five Immortals – an emblemic Guangzhou monument – so pose for pictures by it as you guide explains its significance. Hear of the 2,000-year-old five-ram legend, when five immortals in bright robes rode to the impoverished city on goats, and fed the locals with rice. After giving their blessing, the immortals left, but their goats stayed behind and swiftly turned into stone. Guangzhou then turned from a dwelling of poverty and famine into an affluent city – a fact that remains true to this day.
Stroll out of Yuexiu Park, and finish your tour with a walk down Shang Xiajiu Road in Guangzhou’s Xi Guan area. Admire the Cantonese-style architecture of the buildings that line the streets, and soak up the buzzing energy of modern-day Guangzhou on this historical street.
Return to your minibus and then finish your tour at the start point.