- 3-day trip to Cobán and Semuc Champey from Guatemala City
- Take a guided hike through the forest of El Biotopo del Quetzal in Cobán
- Soak in the natural beauty of Semuc Champey and swim in pools created by limestone
- Visit Lanquin Caves and Rey Marcos Caves and learn about the incredible cave formations from your expert guide
- 2 nights of accommodation, all entrance fees and transportation included
For a full itinerary, please see below.
After pickup from your Guatemala City hotel, travel approximately 2.5 hours north to the city of Cobán. Follow your guide on an enjoyable hike through the forest of El Biotopto del Quetzal and look out for Guatemala’s native bird, the quetzal, and its national flower, the Monja Blanca orchid. After your scenic 3-hour hike, enjoy lunch (own expense) before heading to your Cobán hotel. The rest of the day is yours to enjoy; explore the town, browse the local shops and restaurants, or simply unwind at the hotel.
Overnight: Park Hotel Resort in Cobán
Day 2: (B)
After breakfast on your second day, venture to Semuc Champey, home to hundreds of natural pools. Take a swim in the various pools or relax on the surrounding rocks. If you’re feeling adventurous, use the surrounding rocks to jump off into the cool, refreshing water.
After lunch, (own expense), continue to Lanquin Caves. Part of a national park, these limestone caves are lit by lanterns, giving them a mysterious feel. Enjoy swimming through the underground rivers and pools and take in the gorgeous scenery before heading back to your Copán hotel.
Overnight: Park Hotel Resort in Copán
Day 3: (B)
On the last day of your tour, enjoy breakfast before visiting Rey Marcos Caves. Follow your guide as you explore the large cave complex and admire the beautiful stalagmite and stalactite formations. After exploring the caves, relax on the drive back to your hotel in Guatemala City.