- Full-day city sightseeing tour of Antigua from Guatemala City
- Enjoy stunning views of Antigua from atop Cerro de La Cruz
- Visit San Francisco Church, the Museo del Jade, Casa Santo Domingo and Plaza Central with your knowledgeable guide
- Learn about coffee making and sample the fresh product at a local coffee plantation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees are included
What You Can Expect
After pickup from your Guatemala City hotel, your tour begins at Cerro de la Cruz, where you can marvel at the whole city of Antigua from atop the hill. Then, head down to Antigua's Central Plaza, where you'll visit San Francisco Church, home to the shrine of Peter of St Joseph Betancur. You’ll then see the famous arch of Santa Catalina, built in the 17th century and once home to Santa Catalina Convent.
Next, visit La Merced Church, which has a beautiful Baroque-style façade, and explore the ruins of Santo Domingo Monastery, which was once the largest and wealthiest monastery in Antigua. You'll also visit the Museo del Jade (Jade Museum), where you can observe craftsmen turning stones into beautiful jewels. Walk through the jewel gallery to admire some of the prettiest pieces.
Have lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before heading to a nearby coffee plantation. See what goes into coffee making and taste some of the fresh product before being driven back to Guatemala City.