- Day trip to Chichicastenango and Panajachel from Guatemala City
- Shop for beautiful local goods at the open-air market in Chichicastenango
- Walk along Santander Street in Panajachel and learn about the town’s history from your local guide
- Enjoy marvelous views of Lago de Atitlán
- Hotel pickup and drop-off and all entrance fees included
What You Can Expect
While you’re in the plaza, visit the Iglesia de Santo Tomas (Church of Santo Tomas), located on the east side of the plaza. Dating back to 1540, the church is often home to Mayan rituals. On the west side of the plaza, visit Calvary Church, a smaller version of Iglesia Santo Tomas.
Next, depart Chichicastenango and continue your day trip to Panajachel, a small town located on the northeast shore of Lago de Atitlán (Lake Atitlan). Known as a hub for traveling across Lago de Atitlán, Panajachel is a quaint, charming town where you'll have lunch at a local restaurant (own expense) before heading over to the town’s main thoroughfare, Santander Street. Stroll down the street with your guide and observe town life going on at the locally made handicraft stalls, other shops and restaurants. Admire beautiful views of Lago de Atitlán from the shores of Panajachel before heading back to Guatemala City.
It was a great trip. The guide was amazing and he was very knowledgeable. We were pleasantly surprised when we found out we had a private tour. Thank you
Great day, great guide.
Very interessting to see the local mayan people and their way of live. Same guide as in Copan.